Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: exhaust

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    i got mine from HLM, & at a very good price too
    now amended! - so Don (Kalmar Union) and Hamish (HLM) can both supply Ferrita exhaust - maybe even more suppliers in the UK?? .. I should have said I'm far from an expert on this as I only wanted a Miltek and when I couldn't get this - I went custom! lol!!.. apologies for any confusion! lol!!

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

This user has no status
    Thanks
    and on the other side of the pond(belgium)

EUROPEAN TUNING in Moergestel(holland)stock them as well.

I've got my system there(ferrita)

about a 1/2 an hour drive from my home(lommel)

under the bonnet
    Thanks
    how much is the ferrita system?i was at an exhaust place a whle ago,he was looking 290 for a single box system from the cat back in the same size ppe as the standard exhaust?deal or no deal?ive got a bailey dv waiting to go on but dont want to put it on till ive got an exhaust and air filter sorted
    945 - being fettled
    nissan cube -

This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    how much is the ferrita system?i was at an exhaust place a whle ago,he was looking 290 for a single box system from the cat back in the same size ppe as the standard exhaust?deal or no deal?ive got a bailey dv waiting to go on but dont want to put it on till ive got an exhaust and air filter sorted
    stock piping is 2.25 inch iirc.. most (if nto all) off the shelf exhausts i.e. Ferrita, Miltek, BSR, Jetex etc are all 2.5 inch.. as these flow better and hence better for performance.. If you're going to get a new exhaust I wouldn't go for one based on stock 2.25 inch piping - I'd go for either an off the shelf or custom 2.5 inch system or a custom 3 inch system.. based on what your overall power goals are and how you want it to look and sound..

It might also be an idea to try and get a listen to various exhausts etc??..

Here's a clip of mine on Youtube:

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hpXGw4wizTE[/ame]

Here's a V70R with Ferrita and downpipe:

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7MZyUjDh338[/ame]

850 with Heico exhaust:

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pDM45YxsDlI[/ame]

There's quite a few on Youtube.. you just need to search - hopefully these will get you started and give you an idea though.. although there's no substitute for getting to listen to them in real life! lol!
    Last edited by pangster; Saturday 6th December 2008 at 12:09.

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

under the bonnet
    Thanks
    im trying to get over 300bhp,im in no rush though,well what would you recommend?i was looking at the jetex one but i dont think t looks that good,tried to contact supersprint about a full system but they wont reply,tbh im after a full system not just cat back,im willing to spend around 4-500 on a quality one,i though the heico equipped 850 sounded a bit 'cheap' but then again his boost guage was off the scale, any suggestions as to what i should get,
    945 - being fettled
    nissan cube -

This user has no status

Thanks
    im trying to get over 300bhp,im in no rush though,well what would you recommend?i was looking at the jetex one but i dont think t looks that good,tried to contact supersprint about a full system but they wont reply,tbh im after a full system not just cat back,im willing to spend around 4-500 on a quality one,i though the heico equipped 850 sounded a bit 'cheap' but then again his boost guage was off the scale, any suggestions as to what i should get,
    exhausts are a very subjective topic! lol!.. it all comes down to personal tastes and preferences.. i'm sure I've read that as a rule of thumb - 2.5 inch will be enough up to around 350 bhp (so basically any off the shelf system or any 2.5 inch custom exhaust).. and if you want 350 bhp+ then 3.0 inch would probably be required.. but at this stage you'd be looking at having to do a lot of supporting mods as well..

EDIT: I forgot that for a full system for the price you're looking at paying - there's probably only one option anyway and that's the OBX Exhaust (comes with downpipe(s)) and is around £400 GBP iirc - although you will need to have a cat fitted to the downpipe:

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QogEHxTFkl8[/ame]
    Last edited by pangster; Saturday 6th December 2008 at 18:44.

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

under the bonnet
    Thanks
    where do i obtain this obx system?ve seen them on the bay but im not paying 150quid postage
    945 - being fettled
    nissan cube -

This user has no status

Thanks
    where do i obtain this obx system?ve seen them on the bay but im not paying 150quid postage
    I think they are ebay only??.. I'm sure someone on here had one fitted??..

EDIT: here you go this might help:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...&highlight=obx

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beppie boy View Post
    i went to longlife and like i mentioned it was perfect and i was able to select how loud i wanted it and tailpipe style and it cost £328.00 and the car was with them for 4hrs.

martyn
    Completely agree, I have had Longlife on my past 2 cars, not cheap but were VERY well produced. Had twin tips on my Volvo 740 they did, and Twin 3" tips either side on my Isuzu truck. Took them an afternoon for both cars, got mine done at the Cardiff (Wales) branch and recommend them to EVERYONE!

Has anyone had a full system done on their 850 at Longlife with race-cat?

I'm looking at getting a full stainless system as the one the previous owner added was a powerflow and de-cated it so I have put an original Volvo cat on it, so it is stainless from the cat back. Im sure like most I want the best performance out of my 850R engine without nackering it? Is a 3" system all the way required with a race cat, and is there a better manifold to get that will help getting more power off another Volvo that is bolt-on, and might as well be done at the same time? All based on my car spec in the signature.
    Last edited by Big Pete; Saturday 6th December 2008 at 19:48.
    VOLVO 854R (1996 model)

This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    Completely agree, I have had Longlife on my past 2 cars, not cheap but were VERY well produced. Had twin tips on my Volvo 740 they did, and Twin 3" tips either side on my Isuzu truck. Took them an afternoon for both cars, got mine done at the Cardiff (Wales) branch and recommend them to EVERYONE!

Has anyone had a full system done on their 850 at Longlife with race-cat?

I'm looking at getting a full stainless system as the one the previous owner added was a powerflow and de-cated it so I have put an original Volvo cat on it, so it is stainless from the cat back. Im sure like most I want the best performance out of my 850R engine without nackering it? Is a 3" system all the way required with a race cat, and is there a better manifold to get that will help getting more power off another Volvo that is bolt-on, and might as well be done at the same time? All based on my car spec in the signature.
    that's one of the coolest 740's I've ever seen! lol!!

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pangster For This Useful Post:

Big Pete (Sunday 7th December 2008)

This user has no status
    Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by pangster View Post
    that's one of the coolest 740's I've ever seen! lol!!
    Thanks man! If you look on my photo albums you will see lots more of that beast I used to own. That was a HUGE project car!
    VOLVO 854R (1996 model)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Pete For This Useful Post:

pangster (Sunday 7th December 2008)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    mine with decat, 2.5" stainless, single medium Powerflow backbox going to twin tailpipes

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXMAak4HQ0Q&e[/ame]
    i know it was a crap run but i just love the sound

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    Thanks man! If you look on my photo albums you will see lots more of that beast I used to own. That was a HUGE project car!
    Just had a look at some of the pics! - very nice!!.. not very often you see Volvo's getting magazine features as well!

Link to Big Pete's album for anyone else who is interested:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/album.php?albumid=74

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pangster For This Useful Post:

Big Pete (Sunday 7th December 2008)

under the bonnet
    Thanks
    how much should i be paying for a full system then?the ony place i can find that sells a full system is european tuning
    945 - being fettled
    nissan cube -

This user has no status

Thanks
    how much should i be paying for a full system then?the ony place i can find that sells a full system is european tuning
    well - the Ferrita downpipe alone runs around the price you were looking at for a full system (I'm sure its around £500 or £600??)... then you have the rest of the exhaust so that'll probably be another £300 or so??

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I paid for a full Ferrita system 1500euros

this was a year ago at European Tuning(it's as Pangster says,the donpipe with cat(race) costs about 900 euros

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pangster View Post
    Just had a look at some of the pics! - very nice!!.. not very often you see Volvo's getting magazine features as well!
    Yeah dame that was all years ago now, feels like yesterday! I used to love taking it to Sweden as they REALLY appreciate Volvo modifying and they generally love the UK people so............. Now my best friend lives there who used to go there with me as he is now married to a Swede, so I try to keep a look out for the modded Volvo's when over there.
    VOLVO 854R (1996 model)

Thread Information