Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mbc

This user has no status
    Thanks
    not sure what mbc you got but on my mbc the pipe from the turbo goes into the bottom of mbc and the pipe to the actuator comes from the top out the side

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    not sure what mbc you got but on my mbc the pipe from the turbo goes into the bottom of mbc and the pipe to the actuator comes from the top out the side
    yeah iv spoken to somebody about this and i think i have the mbc the rong way round in the diagram.

this is the mbc i have in the pic bellow. should the turbo go into the end opasit the bolt and the atuator into the bit on the side (if it was upright with the bolt at the top)

Last edited by stainesy; Monday 1st December 2008 at 21:42.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    whats the score with mbc's that have 3 conections?

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    there isnt theres two for the silicone hoses and then the screw to adjust the pressure

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    there isnt theres two for the silicone hoses and then the screw to adjust the pressure
    (my fault i thought you meant the one in that pic)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    all the in car adjustable mbc's i have seen have 3 connection points, like this...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IN-CAR-BOOST-C...1%7C240%3A1318

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 850twr View Post
    all the in car adjustable mbc's i have seen have 3 connection points, like this...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IN-CAR-BOOST-C...1%7C240%3A1318
    isnt one of them the air releafe hole?

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    it could be for the boost gauge

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    hmm im not sure, this is the kit i want ... this one is 2 pipe but also comes with a rather hefty looking t peice

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    i just like the idea of having control in-car, also be much easier to set up.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i just like the idea of having control in-car, also be much easier to set up.

Yeah, so much easier to blow your car up when you get greedy as well.....

Takes about half hour to set it up nicely, tie it in place and leave it out of sight IMO..

And the OP says he doesn't like the MBC...... ...... I loved my MBC on my two 850's.....

Had my most recent T5 chipped by hlm though... for £150...... to be honest if you haven't already bought the MBC that is probably the best option, worth the extra £100 over the MBC ....... safer too, because you can't keep tweaking with the screw every time you want boost. lol
    854 T5 Auto.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BigV For This Useful Post:

850twr (Tuesday 2nd December 2008)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    stainsey your mbc looks very similar to mine and i think you got pipes wrong way round the turbo pipe goes in bottom and actuator pipe goes to top coming out of the side.
    If you swap the pipes let me know the outcome please

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    stainsey your mbc looks very similar to mine and i think you got pipes wrong way round the turbo pipe goes in bottom and actuator pipe goes to top coming out of the side.
    If you swap the pipes let me know the outcome please
    ok mate yeah gona try it again at the weekend. will let you nowhat happens

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    yea i have full intention of fitting the hml 304 ecu in the new year, and then maybe get a ebc at some point after.mbc is just to get me by till then as im bored, lol. I totaly get what your saying about it being tempting to turn it up, im going to set it to a bar/14psi if not a smidge under.that too much??? At one point my car started boosting to the end of the stock gauge(which iv been told is roughly a bar) when i had a split in my actuator pipe, and it felt savage. i love my car too much to get greedy for more! lol, and also read that running over 15/16 psi on a 15g is not worth it due to the heat output.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    You will soon know if it is too much because the car will cut the engine at WOT......feels like someone throwing on the brakes for a split second..... not nice to experience, but I believe it is a safety feature which saves the engine before it is too late.

I could never get my MBC to give more than about 13psi before I had issues with boost cut under certain conditions..... although it was a 150k 850 that was a bit on the rough side anyway........ having said that I ran it for months with the MBC, hitting the boost cut from time to time and I never managed to blow it up, and I drove it really hard.
    854 T5 Auto.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i have decided im not gona bother with my mbc and just wait till janury to go see hamish and get the rica. will also get him to go over my engine to make sure everything is working the way it should. i no i need a new rubber bung thingy that goes between the air filter box and the turbo that has a few pipes coming from it as it just keeps coming out and i have a cable tie holding it over the hole at the mo. as its lost the inner rubber seal that holds it in.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    stainsey dont ditch the mbc just set it to a reasonable pressure as i was led to believe the standard set up is a compromise between performance and engine safety so the actuator is never fully closed.
    if i am misinformed please feel free to correct me but since i fitted my mbc and set boost to 12psi the difference is excellent and i have no running issues.
    I will be sendind my ecu to hamish to be given the rica treatment in the new year and then will turn boost to 15psi but until then im happy with what ive got

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yes it will take a short time to set it up. This is a pick of how mine is mounted on one of my cars.

The compressor side from the turbo goes to the bottom connection. The one out the side goes to the wastegate. When you hook it up keep it unscrewed quiete a bit then see how much boost you have.
    Fuel cutoff is at 15.5 LBS of boost. It will almost feel like you hit a brick wall for a second.
    The tighter you screw it in the more boost you get.
    Hopefully you have a good aftermarket boost guage in there already.

Also for the other question that was asked about the ones with the extra port those are usually for Twin Turbo cars. The extra port is to run to the second turbo in the system to control both of them the same amount pf pressure.

I hope you decide to install it and take the time to set it up. You will not be disappointed with the finished product.
    It will feel like a different car with it connected.
    1995 Yellow T5-R (Fast Yellow)
    Upsolute tune,MBC 14 PSI,Eurosport cold air kit,Drilled front and rear rotors,Hid's with aftermarket headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    That's a very useful and concise reply Alan - Welcome to the forum by the way!!

Cheers,
    John.
    Touareg 5.0 V10 TDI
    * WIDESCREEN NAVIGATION * 12 WAY ADJUSTABLE ELECTRIC SEATS * AUTOMATIC BOOT/TAILGATE * HEAT INSULATING TINTED GLASS * VAVONA WOOD TRIM * NAPPA LEATHER * DETACHABLE TOWBAR * PADDLESHIFT TIPTRONIC * 6 DISC CD * BLUETOOTH PHONE

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Okete For This Useful Post:

Alans26 (Friday 5th December 2008)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hmm im not sure, this is the kit i want ... this one is 2 pipe but also comes with a rather hefty looking t peice
    That is a turbosmart type bleed valve.

Thread Information