Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

850R servicing advice?

Right, I'm planning on servicing the car at the weekend,
    I just want to know from people who have previous experience of using certain product's in their 850R/T5R's
    Any advice on which plug's, oil (e.g.5w40 etc and which brand), filter's etc to use? Any other part's I'll need to get?
    I have never serviced an 850 before, did it on my previous car's but never an 850, anything I should know or be aware of?

Also, the clutch on my car is extremely heavy, it's not slipping but it's hard to drive in traffic as it's either engaged or disengaged! It's really easy to drive fast as it love's to be changed quickly, but driving slowly in traffic is impossible! Anybody know should I get a new clutch (which one) or does it sound like there is a performance paddle type clutch in the car?

Thanks in advance

This user has no status

Thanks
    Do you know the previous service history of the car and if so, whats it had lately?

If not, you better start at the front and work completely to the back!

Plenty will chip in with their recommendations on specific items, but I always use genuine Mahle, Mann or Volvo filters (all of which come with a new bung washer), oil- use a good semi synthetic 5w or 10w-40 and change it every 5k or 6 months regardless.

PCV system, vaccuum hoses and throttle body- check and clean / replace as you go unless there is history of it being done. Vacuum and intake hoses on t5's etc are sods to get air-tight, but once you do you'll be rewarded by a much happier running engine.

Plugs i use either OEM or bosch twin electrode type. I replace mine at 20k intervals. Get the dizzy cap off and clean the leads, cap, and rotor arm with carb cleaner, and coil exterior- all nice and clean.

Sounds like you have a paddle clutch to me...

tim.

Thread Information