Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Tracking / steering problem

I have an issue with the steering on my car, it constantly pulls to the left, it isn't terrible but it is bloody annoying.

I have just wasted £30 having the tracking done, slight improvement but there is still something not right.

Done the tyre pressures and now I am all out of ideas........ it is driving my crazy, any suggestions as to where to start looking next?

A cheap fix would be nice lol!
    854 T5 Auto.

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Could the brake caliper be slightly jammed on all the time ?????

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigV View Post
    I have an issue with the steering on my car, it constantly pulls to the left, it isn't terrible but it is bloody annoying.

I have just wasted £30 having the tracking done, slight improvement but there is still something not right.

Done the tyre pressures and now I am all out of ideas........ it is driving my crazy, any suggestions as to where to start looking next?

A cheap fix would be nice lol!
    camber of the road will encourage a car to favour the left?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Take it back to the tracking place and get them to re-check it, perhaps they didn't get it quite right. Are the tyres wearing unevenly?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Bent wishbone, or bushes shot in it more likely?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Tyres appear to be wearing OK, and I don't believe it is the road camber, as even on the best of roads the car pulls quite a bit to the left.

I will take it back I think, maybe the guy was just an idiot........ He took the bloody thing for a test drive after he did the job, so god knows why he didn't notice and say something or do something I don't know.
    854 T5 Auto.

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Check that when he took it for a test drive he hasnt banged anything with the wheels !

Lee

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    I would suggest that you may get abit of a 'drift' to the left on camber-ie roads, but with both my 70 series cars running on 205 16" and 225 17" tyres they both run totally straight and only pull one way or other if you get in the lorry tramlines...

Something it definately wrong. Make sure it isnt something at the rear too, like a delta link bush. Ive spent ages looking for a problem with the front suspension when it was the rear!

Tim

This user has no status

Thanks
    may sound like a silly suggestion but what tyres do you have all round and what are they?

on an old car (with budget tyres) i had this problem. got the tracking done loads of times from different places, no joy.

one guy suggested the tyres and i laughed at him! got the tyres and it was sorted!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi BigV

Mine used to do that until, (and this was an expensive solution!) I had two new up rated arms fitted, new polybushes, Tracking & Balance, even had the rear bushes replaced and then 4 wheel alignment and then it was and always is straight as a dye but i have gone further since then and have had new drop links up rated anti roll bars and a camber kit fitted and the handling is on another planet.
    So I suppose the next thing for you to do if funds allow is arms if required with bushes.
    Remember cars are good but nothing lasts for ever, mine was a bag of s**t till i had it done the arms where changed at 114000 miles and where quite literally shagged.
    I am not sure how many miles they are good for either maybe some of the experts could shed some light for you.
    Greg
    I Reckon I am Perilously close to 592 Bhp With all my non dangerous Mods

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ok thanks, plenty of things to look into then.......... sigh, never an easy fix with these cars is it?
    854 T5 Auto.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well yeah all of the items above are easy fixes, just methodically check the components til you find the culprit.

Thread Information