Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: throttle body

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've got a 76mm volvo 960 3ltr 24v throttle body on my 850. Piccy is standard on the right, 960 on the left so you can see the difference. Also, you'll need an inlet manifold from a N/A 2.5 850 ensuring the inlet ports are oval NOT round. If you're going to upgrade all the air pipes to 3" then fine. If not you will need a 54-76mm 'step up' connector. Also, the throttle body sensor has to be spun round 180 degrees coz it just wont have the 'slack' of wire to plug it in after. Mines works 100% and did make a little difference. I ported my N/A inlet manifold a bit & fitted a new 960 24v TB gasket (Volvo for £2.50 me thinks). Bit of sodding around to make it fit but it will go in & In my sad opinion will make a difference particularly if you're going for more boost etc. As you can see the throttle arm is slightly different, I switched the arms & all was good. Lastly, with the N/A manifold, there is no vacuum outlet for the turbo boost guage,easy solution.....Plumb it into 1 of your spare outlets on your vacuum tree.

Piccy of N/a Manifold (the inlet is the right size for the bigger TB

Bigger inlet

Job Jobbed. (i used a rubber step up till it blew. Then got a silicon 1 thats still working 100%)
    Last edited by Niles; Monday 3rd November 2008 at 12:31.
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Niles For This Useful Post:

pangster (Monday 3rd November 2008)

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,162 Posts
    Or you could do this....

I'm not sure if this actually made much difference... but wayhay... it got done anyway....

Current Garage:
    1997 960 3.0L 24v - Polestar...(Honest guv..!!)
    1997 855 T5 S - stripped to 1300kgs gross weight - 14.2sec qtr(rank 17*)
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013
    Any Stuff For Sale - check out my Ebay link

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JUDGENINJA For This Useful Post:

pangster (Monday 3rd November 2008)

Thread Information