Join Today
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    fair enough pete, good for you but again lets not confuse opinion with facts.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Thankyou tc all i want to do is help

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Will some one please give me the facts then knoledge is power

This user has no status

Thanks
    fair enough pete, but lets not confuse opinion with fact.

Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    im sure you wont find any upgrade any cheaper or better than the one hamish offers
    i don't think there are any other maps as cheap as £150, you're right as far as i know. but better? there's no way you (or i) could possibly say.

it's a small point, it doesn't need to be laboured but in my opinion it is quite an important point.

edit. sorry, kind of a double post. didn't see the original post.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    and misty i never said his maps whas much better i satated they were like the rica or better which is my oppinion and have spoke to a few ppl who has it done and they have said the same.
    I have open views and am always wanting to learn if you know something i dont about the 304 or you know of bad experinces please let me know but up to now i havent heard a bad thing about him
    Ever time this topic comes to light I normally get banned so I'm not going to mention how bad and Dishonest Hamish is

All I will say is don't expect a full refund when your engine goes BANG I would also recommend you getting your AFR's read

Don't the bells start wringing when someone offers a product 50% cheaper than anyone else for no apparent reason?
    Last edited by mitsy; Friday 24th October 2008 at 22:48.

Gizza job!
    Thanks
    Will some one please give me the facts then knowledge is power
    ok

[please note: I'm not expressing an opinion, just giving actual factual results ]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Yosser For This Useful Post:

pangster (Saturday 25th October 2008)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    hi yosser what does all that mean on them graphs i know about bhp tourque but what is it showing i havent got a clue

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cool

Hi. Can you please tell me were hamish is bassed in the u.k. cheers.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    also is afs the same as emmisions e.g. the car is runnig too rich or not

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    it birmingham but have a good read to this thread i thought hamish was A1 i havent had any problems with his 304 but lots of ppl seem to think different i dont want you going on me word if there is something wrong with his 304

12. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

flyingbrick (Friday 24th October 2008)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    hi yosser what does all that mean on them graphs i know about bhp tourque but what is it showing i havent got a clue
    My point exactly Pete

Hamish has a habbit of selling/fitting his maps with out giving a RR printout

And ask your self why is that?

Like irf mentioned before about someone running very lean (high 16 AFR)on full boost.Well that person was me and Hamish even convinced me that my car was running perfectly although the boost was very erratic

I was persuaded to fit an Innovate gauge to find what my AFR's was reading.Only to find my fuelling couldn't cope and my ECU was pulling the timing to protect my engine from melting due to lack of fuel

Gizza job!
    Thanks
    Power and torque are self explanatory (I think), the other 2 graphs are AFR (air fuel ratio) and boost (in psi).

Irf has mentioned (correctly) how important AFR's are. I have to concede to not being too clued up on this, but I think the lower the number the richer the mixture. As far as I am aware the AFR graph for my car is acceptable, it certainly isn't up near the 16 that Irf mentioned as being dangerous.

Word of caution though, this is my car - not yours. They're all going to give different results (although I would hope not wildly different).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Yosser For This Useful Post:

pangster (Saturday 25th October 2008)

This user has no status
    Thanks

Thumbs up

it birmingham but have a good read to this thread i thought hamish was A1 i havent had any problems with his 304 but lots of ppl seem to think different i dont want you going on me word if there is something wrong with his 304
    o.k. cheers fella.........

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    misty did you have the 304 from hamish if so in high gears did your car hav a slight miss or a ping (hard to explain) when im in 5th gear on motorway at speed if i floor it i keep having a slight ping of miss if you get what i mean ive been out in my mate saphire cosworth and his does the same i just thought it is what the car does when its pushing more power out he has a bigger turbo injectors etc and just had the ecu reprogramed and he said it was a bit better but it was to do with his boost being unstable it higher gears and needed a boost controller.

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    I got mine rolling roaded when I had mine done at HLM, and I got a printout, this included the AFR which was around 12 at 5k
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    misty did you have the 304 from hamish if so in high gears did your car hav a slight miss or a ping (hard to explain) when im in 5th gear on motorway at speed if i floor it i keep having a slight ping of miss if you get what i mean ive been out in my mate saphire cosworth and his does the same i just thought it is what the car does when its pushing more power out he has a bigger turbo injectors etc and just had the ecu reprogramed and he said it was a bit better but it was to do with his boost being unstable it higher gears and needed a boost controller.
    Pete my car was very erratic in every gear whilst giving it full boost and WOT

Im a firm believer that the standard injectors arent capable of supplying enough fuel

The best thing would be if I lake it to your RR next year then you will be able to compare both car's

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    I got mine rolling roaded when I had mine done at HLM, and I got a printout, this included the AFR which was around 12 at 5k
    Craig get the printout posted up then please or I will never buy another thing off you again
    Last edited by mitsy; Friday 24th October 2008 at 23:24.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    hmm which one to go for!! lol, half the reason i got a t5 was so i could go the rica route, and was set on that till i was told about the cheaper hml option, how ever i guess there is no way of gauranteing that its up to the rica standards, im sure its very good but 250ish bhp is only a 10% increase which is a bit weak for remappin a turbo car.

so i guess it comes down to the question is it worth forkin out the extra £200 on peace of mind and a rollin road print out, and im starting to think maybe it is

also it was mentioned that someone had seen a rica'd t5 running dangerously lean but have heard from many other sources that rica is set up slighty rich? maybe an air leak or another such problem formed on this car as i doubt rica would let it go out like that?

any thoughts?

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    That sounds good to me misty get your deposit in for the rr it will be good to compair the cars have you still got the 304 or have you changed it since then?

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 850twr View Post
    hmm which one to go for!! lol, half the reason i got a t5 was so i could go the rica route, and was set on that till i was told about the cheaper hml option, how ever i guess there is no way of gauranteing that its up to the rica standards, im sure its very good but 250ish bhp is only a 10% increase which is a bit weak for remappin a turbo car.

so i guess it comes down to the question is it worth forkin out the extra £200 on peace of mind and a rollin road print out, and im starting to think maybe it is

also it was mentioned that someone had seen a rica'd t5 running dangerously lean but have heard from many other sources that rica is set up slighty rich? maybe an air leak or another such problem formed on this car as i doubt rica would let it go out like that?

any thoughts?
    No body is slating the Rica map but more Hamish and his tendency to play around with the Rica map

As for what map to pick.It really is a question on what you are planning to do regarding future mods

Thread Information