Join Today

Hybrid View

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigV View Post
    in reply to PNUT: Yes it was a generalisation, but it holds true 99% of the time..... old car, 100k miles, more worn out....... Unless we are a user car dealer, in which case it was owned by a vicar, never driven above 50 and is in showroom condition!
    99% ? thats quite a high figure

most t5's aint driven that hard for most of their lives because of the simple fact you cannot do it!

i would prefer to rely on data from individual engines & other items on the vehicle rather than looking at the speedo & making a decision from that.....
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2552&dateline=1218822  313
    She may not be perfect but i love her anyway....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PNuT For This Useful Post:

El Diablo (Sunday 26th October 2008)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
    99% ? thats quite a high figure

most t5's aint driven that hard for most of their lives because of the simple fact you cannot do it!

i would prefer to rely on data from individual engines & other items on the vehicle rather than looking at the speedo & making a decision from that.....
    Oh come on please, pull the other one......... Now you are making generalisations!

I mean it doesn't take a genius to understand that a USED car is called USED for a reason....... it has previously be used and possibly abused and will be showing signs of wear and tear, however well maintained........ To pretend that age and mileage doesn't matter at all, especially when tuning is idiotic and I think it would be rather foolish for you to try and make that argument........... since none of us can see inside of an engine without stripping it to pieces we only have limited info to go on, and the miles on the clock is one of those pieces.

Are you one of these people that believe police cars are always maintained to the highest standards as well?
    854 T5 Auto.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigV For This Useful Post:

hamish (Sunday 26th October 2008),pangster (Sunday 26th October 2008),y2blade (Sunday 26th October 2008)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigV View Post
    Oh come on please, pull the other one......... Now you are making generalisations!

I mean it doesn't take a genius to understand that a USED car is called USED for a reason....... it has previously be used and possibly abused and will be showing signs of wear and tear, however well maintained........ To pretend that age and mileage doesn't matter at all, especially when tuning is idiotic and I think it would be rather foolish for you to try and make that argument........... since none of us can see inside of an engine without stripping it to pieces we only have limited info to go on, and the miles on the clock is one of those pieces.

Are you one of these people that believe police cars are always maintained to the highest standards as well?
    a car is used after its done 10 miles from the factory... im not generalising, its fact that a T5 cannot be driven under heavy load its whole life in the same way that a smaller engined car can be....

the mileage on a clock only tells you how far that clock has been! nothing more nothing less! well unless something unlawful has taken place!

i wouldn't be foolish enough to generalise about the state of plod cars as they are maintained by different people...

maybe you can point out to us less knowledgeable people the tolerances of wear & tear that are acceptable to start modding our cars?
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2552&dateline=1218822  313
    She may not be perfect but i love her anyway....

Thread Information