Join Today
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pault5 View Post
    Blimey, not that one again... yawn
    Could make a program for the History Channel.
    Sorry I dont recall this been mentioned before

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigV
    Pick one at random and slap it on your car, you wont be disappointed because they are all basically the same anyway.
    I think that's been the general consensus for some time regarding the off the shelf remaps - be it MTE/BSR/SAM/RICA/Heico etc.. some people can't seem to help themselves and try and muddy the waters or confuse the situation though.

so to clarify has anyone had any problems with an off the shelf remap???

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pangster For This Useful Post:

hamish (Saturday 25th October 2008),Mrsmopp (Saturday 25th October 2008)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pault5 View Post
    Blimey, not that one again... yawn
    Could make a program for the History Channel.
    PMSL!..

I love that smilie!

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsy View Post
    Sorry I dont recall this been mentioned before

My mistake then. I am so very very sorry.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Aha hello hamish

Talking about fact getting in the way of a good story

Could you clear something up for me

Some years ago your buisness partner sold a HLM tuned Turquoise 850r could you state what level of tuning you carried out on this car before it was sold?
    Mitsy,

If we are talking about 'HAJ'? The 19T turbo and 4 switchable maps were fitted to that car before I even met Adam by a Dutch Company called Rica. I had to replace many parts on it over the years including replacing the engine twice with second hand units...the first time when Adam ran it low on oil and the second time when Adam played around with the map and it over boosted and bent a rod! We actually ran the car 2 days later at Santa Pod before changing the engine and I recorded a time of 12.99 secs at 98 MPH with a bent rod!!!!! Over the years I also replaced the suspension, brakes, steering rack, engine mount,exhaust etc etc etc.I can't remember exactly what state of tune Adam sold his car as/or with. What I do remember though we were constantly installing different Rica Maps on that car for test purposes and sometimes just for fun!
    So the answer to your question is either: Loads or None !!!

I trust this helps.
    Now could you tell all who your mate is and what his qualifications are and exactly what AFR he considers as correct at WOT @ 5000rpm on a 4.4 T5.
    or if that is too difficult could you please tell me exactly which Rica maps I am supposed to have altered/played around with?

I suspect that you are going to find the second question impossible to answer as I have personaly NEVER altered a Rica map. Before your 'Kangaroo Court' jumps to any more conclusions please get the facts right Tony.

Best Regards,
    Hamish.

This user has no status
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Mitsy,

If we are talking about 'HAJ'? The 19T turbo and 4 switchable maps were fitted to that car before I even met Adam by a Dutch Company called Rica. I had to replace many parts on it over the years including replacing the engine twice with second hand units...the first time when Adam ran it low on oil and the second time when Adam played around with the map and it over boosted and bent a rod! We actually ran the car 2 days later at Santa Pod before changing the engine and I recorded a time of 12.99 secs at 98 MPH with a bent rod!!!!! Over the years I also replaced the suspension, brakes, steering rack, engine mount,exhaust etc etc etc.I can't remember exactly what state of tune Adam sold his car as/or with. What I do remember though we were constantly installing different Rica Maps on that car for test purposes and sometimes just for fun!

I trust this helps.
    Now could you tell all who your mate is and what his qualifications are and exactly what AFR he considers as correct at WOT @ 5000rpm on a 4.4 T5.
    or if that is too difficult could you please tell me exactly which Rica maps I am supposed to have altered/played around with?

I suspect that you are going to find the second question impossible to answer as I have personaly NEVER altered a Rica map. Before your 'Kangaroo Court' jumps to any more conclusions please get the facts right Tony.

Best Regards,
    Hamish.
    SEE SEE, I new it was that one

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Mitsy,

I trust this helps.

Best Regards,
    Hamish.
    You have never altered a Rica map?????So is that what you told Rica before they pulled the plug on you

This user has no status
    Thanks
    You have never altered a Rica map?????So is that what you told Rica before they pulled the plug on you
    What on earth has that got to do with the price of Lemons?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pault5 For This Useful Post:

volvolised (Saturday 25th October 2008)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Well apparently Hamish's RE-MAPS are made of Lemons as to keep his costs down

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well apparently Hamish's RE-MAPS are made of Lemons as to keep his costs down
    Can you prove that?

Also as Hamish has been kind enough to answer your completely off topic questions it would be nice if you offered the same courtesy for the questions asked of you.

x

This user has no status

Thanks
    Fact is Tony everytime someone on here gives a response that you cant argue with you move the goalposts to suit your agenda, it really doesn't take a scientist to work out where the problems lie here and anyone with any common sense will see right through you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsmopp For This Useful Post:

pault5 (Saturday 25th October 2008)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Offer Hamish some courtesy LOL you having a laugh Would that be the same courtesy Hamish gave Chris?

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    well ive read through all 10 pages of this and i think sum people (no mentioning any names) just have issues, lol! i will be purchasing a 304 fo you hamish in january and i look forward to doing business with you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 850twr For This Useful Post:

hamish (Saturday 25th October 2008)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Offer Hamish some courtesy LOL you having a laugh Would that be the same courtesy Hamish gave Chris?
    Completely irrelevant - your quick to question but cant answer hey!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsmopp For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    Mitsy,

What do you think you are talking about. You are talking complete nonsense as usual. You and all your 'chums' know absoletly ZERO about any agreements, conversations, contracts, finances between myself & Rica and who pulled what from who.

Are you any closer to answering my 2 previous questions?

Best Regards,
    Hamish.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to hamish For This Useful Post:

y2blade (Saturday 25th October 2008)

This user has no status

Thanks
    http://forums.t5d5.org/index.php?showtopic=961&hl

someone go ahead and answer the above question. pmsl.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Moppy my dear sweetheart the reason I asked Hamish about Adams car was to verify what MOD's he had carried out but in around about way he hasn't answered the question

But as usual side swiped the question to Adam

If Hamish would be so kind to state what engine MOD's where carried out on Adam's car as Im very interested to find out due to me buying the very engine and gearbox to which belonged to Adams old car

But Hamish will no doubt deny all knowledge

As for the goalpost my lovely this is how I play my game's

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmopp View Post
    Completely irrelevant - your quick to question but cant answer hey!
    Sorry did you ask me a question?

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Mitsy,

What do you think you are talking about. You are talking complete nonsense as usual. You and all your 'chums' know absoletly ZERO about any agreements, conversations, contracts, finances between myself & Rica and who pulled what from who.

Are you any closer to answering my 2 previous questions?

Best Regards,
    Hamish.
    Sorry your 2 question where what again?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    My 304 from VT I had quite a few years ago was good. When I had my 19T, 3 inch downpipe and custom map from them it was even better. That was over two and a half years ago and never missed a beat. bahbah
    Heres a boring dyno run, not done at HLM.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachme...0&d=1219261909

27. The Following User Says Thank You to pault5 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information