Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks

being messed about

last week i won a 7 seat conversion on ebay for a total of £180 the bloke emailed me and said he was gona send them by corior sat morning so i should get them mon/tue. well its now sat and i have been emailing him all week asking him whats going on with them and no reply.
    i just emailed him and said that i was going to take action through paypal to get my money back unless he contacts me. and sudenly i get an email sayin he has been emailing me and havnt i been getting them. he said that he emailed me saying the corior was gona charge him twice what he thought it was gona be so he was gona deliver them persanaly last sunday but i didnt reply to his emails.

funny how i didnt get any of his suposed emails all week but as soon as i sugest getting my money back his email gets through to me fine.

do you recon im being done? and should i just take action through paypal?

This user has no status

Thanks
    I may be being a bit to simple here, but have you checked your junk mail folder (if you have outlook). Your ISP should be able to track mail that has entered their system so you could ask them to take a look if you know his email address. I am not sure if they can give this sort of info out however.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    dont have outlook my email address is a hotmail one and there has been no emails from him at all. but sudenly when i say i want my money back he emails me.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    There are some rite t***ers on ebay ive had some rite problems wi sellers in the past if your not desprite for the 7seat conversion i would try and get my money back also do you need a 7seat conversion if not you could always have a nice boot build in with sum subs.
    Any way back on to ebay i sold a 850 titan wheel around 2months ago i sent it through parcel force and they tried to deliver it to the buyer twice and he was never in and never tried to contact parcel force so it ended up cumin back to me the buyer said he was gunna sort it out with parcel force to redeliver and to this day he hasnt contacted me agian nor have parcel force im unsure what to do.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Maybe he had your email wrong and sending the emails the address had a typo and were going astray but when you emailed him he just clicked reply.

I say give him a 2nd chance

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    P&P can be quite expensive through the Post Office and some sellers are caught out. It's amazing how many people don't 'shop' for couriers, they presume the PO is the only option.

If he's offered to deliver it personally, I'd ask for his phone number so you can speak to him directly to arrange a specific day. The guy might be genuine....what's his feedback like?

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stainesy View Post
    and should i just take action through paypal?
    Remember Stainesy....Paypal will only refund you IF the seller has the funds in his account.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neevo View Post
    Maybe he had your email wrong and sending the emails the address had a typo and were going astray but when you emailed him he just clicked reply.

I say give him a 2nd chance
    iv just emailed him saying i want the seats ny wednesday otherwise i want the money back. i eplained my wife is about to give birth any day now and i need the seats.

and why did he not just click reply to all the emails i have sent all week.
    ben lookin at his profile on ebay and looks like its a scrap yard. and there is feedback saying took 15 weeks to deliver and no copntact but also mostly good feedback.

aint got time to f**k about with this bloke im pretty sure i beeing done or atleast he will send them when he can be asked sometime. how long does it take to get money back through paypal?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    Remember Stainesy....Paypal will only refund you IF the seller has the funds in his account.
    i thought paypal insures any transaction even if they have to pay out themselfs

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    It takes ages you have to set up a dispute with the seller and you may have to show evidence of you trying to contact him

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Post up a link to the ebay item or the sellers other items so we can have a look at this guy.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stainesy View Post
    i thought paypal insures any transaction even if they have to pay out themselfs
    .....that's what they want you to believe.

When you open and win the Paypal dispute, if the sellers account doesn't have the funds, you'll receive a nice email congratulating you on 'winning' but unfortunately cannot compensate you due to their (sellers) account having no funds!!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    just looked at where he lives and he lives 226 miles away from me and he says he was gona deliver them persanaly coz he didnt want to pay extra for postage. it would cost more in fuel to get to me and home than to send them. that to me says this geeezer is full of it

This user has no status
    Thanks
    if it comes to it cant the police do anything if i say the man has stolen my money

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Have a quick look here in Ebays/Paypals Terms & Conditions:

Terms&Conditions

Especially the bit that reads:

13.13 What if PayPal makes a final decision in my favour?

If PayPal makes a final decision in your favour, we will collect any available funds in the seller’s PayPal balance at that time. However, recovery is not guaranteed and is limited only to the amounts that PayPal can recover from the seller’s Account. Any amounts collected from the seller will be placed in your Account.

Typical !!!!!!
    Last edited by stephenevans99; Saturday 18th October 2008 at 19:58.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    well thats crap paypal is crap then. im soooo f'ing peed off right now.

like the bloke is gona traven 226 miles coz he dont wona pay abit extra on postage. yeah right.

*Edited by Justin, watch you language please*
    Last edited by Justin; Saturday 18th October 2008 at 20:45.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I think the minute you open a dispute with the seller, you could kiss your cash goodbye. I'd still try and contact him by phone and calmly try to resolve it...if he wants to deliver the seats personally, tell him to crack on !!

I've been had for just a few ££'s and I was well peeved, I can't even imagine how pi**ed off you are at the moment.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post

yes and thats fxckin wrong too,
    i was stung by this a while ago, paypal and ebay always seem to side with the ripping off t055ers,
    i,m still £45 down and paypal dont pay you anything if they cant recover it first.
    Last edited by nathT5; Saturday 18th October 2008 at 20:17.
    1991 retro alfa romeo 75

This user has no status
    Thanks
    he hasnt given me a phone number. hav just looked on his feedback and alot of it says took a long time to deliver and not contactable but did receive item in the end.

tbh im not that bothered if he said it may take a wile to deliver its the blatant lies that have f**ked me off.

This user has no status

Thanks
    he has probably read your posts on here
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2552&dateline=1218822  313
    She may not be perfect but i love her anyway....

Thread Information