Join Today
    Bird is the word!
    Thanks

Exclamation CD stuck in 3-CD changer!!!

hi guys - im not sure if this is a common problem, but basically a cd has got stuck somehow in my 3-CD player. (not sure what model number, its in a 98 c70 t5 gt anyway)

ive tried taking the cd player out of the dash and tilting it in every direction when i press the eject button. but nothing! lol

sometimes it says code-2 on the front, some other times code-1. i dont really want to take the cd player apart, was just wondering if there was a quick fix for this???

cheers!!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dionbullock View Post
    hi guys - im not sure if this is a common problem, but basically a cd has got stuck somehow in my 3-CD player. (not sure what model number, its in a 98 c70 t5 gt anyway)

ive tried taking the cd player out of the dash and tilting it in every direction when i press the eject button. but nothing! lol

sometimes it says code-2 on the front, some other times code-1. i dont really want to take the cd player apart, was just wondering if there was a quick fix for this???

cheers!!!
    Here's a detailed account of how to sort stuck CDs out!

Take the the unit out of the car disconnecting the ariel and the two connectors plus the amplifier -plus the Dolby Pro-Logic if you have it! Take the top of the unit off undoing the screws at the back of the unit - in my case I found that the mechanism was stuck so the system was running a continual cycle trying to put the CD back into the cartridge when another was stuck in below. The "lift" mechanism is spring loaded and I managed to use a pen putting it into the central hole of the top CD and managed to push it back into the cartridge moving the lower CD into place. This did happen twice, the second time I left the CD connected in the car and managed to help the CD on its way with help from the CD motor. It is an awkward job - you should put the gear lever into second if it is a manual and then use a soft cloth to balance the player on the gear lever whilst working on it - be careful that you don't damage the facia whilst it is in that position as the back of the player can be a bit sharp. I cannot recommend that you keep the CD connected to the car electrical system for obvious health and safety issues in case you electrify yourself, however if you want to go ahead it's your decision - it worked for me. I would recommend that you take the CD out and work on it on a table first then you can see how the mechanisim works and it might free itself with a bit of help from you and a pen.
    Past Cars
    '91 440
    '98 V70 T5 MTE
    '93 850 T-5
    '98 S70R MTE
    '98 S70R MTE
    '95 960

'03 S60R
    '03 V70R

Bird is the word!
    Thanks
    cheers! will try that

Last resort is opening the cd player, knowing my luck, ill finish with more loose screws than i started with! lol

thanks

Thread Information