Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

S40 T4 Central Locking Question

Just wondered what the official facts are about the central locking and what it should do when you are in the car.

Basically, this lunchtime I was sat in the car having some food. My keys were in the ignition to the first click and the radio was on. After a little while like this, my heart flips as the doors lock themselves, which I wasn't expecting at all. So I start thinking about how annoying that would have been if I was outside the car at this point, bye bye keys!!

Then of course a few moments later and the alarm starts blaring with me in the car!! So I takes the keys out and just sits in the car and yep, few moments later and clunk, the doors all lock again. It got a bit dull keep having one hand on my keys ready to disarm again so I decided to put the ignition fully on and lock the doors manually using the dash button.

Only problem with this is that I either sit with the seatbelt on or I listen to the click click click warning.

There must be a way around this surely?!

1998 S40 T4
    Two Hundred Horses of Swedish Boost Action!!

CDO Sufferer
    Thanks
    mine does the same - pain in the ass...

you have to get in, turn the ignition to II (until all the dash warning lights are illuminated) and then turn it back off or to radio (ignition I) this will disabled the auto lock... as soon as you relock the car, it will do it again however...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jimka For This Useful Post:

Stevie-Boy (Thursday 25th September 2008)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Spot on, didn't know I could go to ignition and then back to I to disable that, thanks for that tip :-)

1998 S40 T4
    Two Hundred Horses of Swedish Boost Action!!

Thread Information