Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning a d5....

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Have a S60 T5 (Geartronic) which has the RICA remap, and a V70 D5 (163 bhp manual) also with a RICA remap. The two are chalk and cheese, but it is very difficult to choose between them as they have their own qualities. The S60 is a bit of a beast, and the V70 delivers the torque in a very calm and relaxed manner. Fuel consumption runs at 24mpg for the S60 and 42mpg for the V70. I am very fortunate to have both and be able to choose as the mood takes me, when all is said and done, it is all down to personal choice.
    S60 T5 SE in Graphite grey metallic

RICA 310
    TME Cat-Back Exhaust
    Brembo discs/Ferodo pads
    ITG Panel Filter
    Alessio 18" F1 alloys/Toyo Proxes T1-S tyres
    Heico front spoiler flaps
    Volvo rear spoiler

Volvo V70 D5 (my new toy)
    RICA remap
    ITG panel filter
    (what next??)

Coral Red Metallic V70 AWD (now gone)

If in doubt thrash it and see
    what happens
    Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by philinengland View Post
    Held in 5th gear, I timed 80-100 in about 7 secs. I don't dare max it out but my guess is that its speed will be limited by the redline (135mph). Anyone tried the same?
    I seem to remember about 5.x sec for my "N" reg T5 with RICA 280 and 200k on the clock. Maybe I was in fourth gear??
    W

I have been unfaithful to
    Volvo twice since joining this
    forum but it's only for more
    than 5 pots nuf said
    Thanks
    Bit of a nerdy educated guess but I would say-
    -
    D5 Tuned aprox 0-60 6.5- 8 seconds 1/4 mile 15.5-17 secs 135-145 mph 30-60 MPG (40 ish ave)

T5 Tuned 0-60 5.5-6.5 secs 1/4 mile 14-15.7 secs 155-165 mph 18-38 mpg (25 ish ave)

There are to many variables but I guess they all in there somewhere the T5 has long low mid range up powerband the D5 has an instant short power band
    2004 V50 T5 SE

Volvocano
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Rica now offer a new map foor the new range of D5 engine to 253bhp and 500+torque
    its not just a new map its a turbo upgrade aswell.

interestingly there is a D5 v70 police car pushing near 250bhp on just a map ? yet RICA requires a turbo upgrade, yes the RR may be inacurate, yes the torque may be higher on the TB upgrade stage 2 but you have to ask why RICA can do 226bhp with a map and yet some are claiming 250bhp can be done with a map ?

who is right ?

vid of police map..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8D3UFoaRfY[/ame]

who would map to near 250 without the need for the Turbo/FMIC/Remap at £1800 + ?

cheers

btw.. T5 remaps upto what these days ? I thought the same engined focus ST struggled to get over 280bhp in reality how is it different in the volvo ?

Volvocano
    This user has no status
    been speaking to RICA, they have mentioned a stage 1 map 'might' be avaliable within the week with 240bhp !
    and also in the future maybe look towards more power for stage 2

so to answer the comments on lack of tuning for D5.. there isnt a lack of tuning.

a 270bhp C30 (1420kg) 500+ nm D5 would be a rocket ship.

great response from RICA, im definatley using them in future

Thread Information