Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spesh
    Mrs Mopp this is an easy one, I got a dump valve on my car for performance hence the 13.6 1/4 mile, it is all cause of my super dump vlave thing.lol
    LOL!! So thats the secret!! :B_rotfl:

(Anyone not quite sure - that was sarcasm!!)

x

....is making a comeback
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Soz had to say it, this thread is so funny!!!!!!!!!!!

This user has no status
    Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmopp
    Why does the thread suck????? I am genuinely interested as to why some people fit a DV and if they do it for anything other than the noise - also what is it about the noise that makes you want to spent money for it???

x
    Hi natasha,(aka stroppy little madam)when i fitted mine it was purely for the noise nothing else now't to do with performance!hope this answers your ? OR SHOULD I DUCK NOW!!!!!Oh and talking off sucking oOOps sorry that's a different forum!LOL ps i wanted to put smilies on as well but i couldn't open the [more] box eg not responding
    Last edited by rich850t5; Tuesday 26th April 2005 at 19:50.
    850T5-96-CD-AUTO-SALOON-mbc-drilled airbox-d/v-cbv removed and blanked off-acc rod 3 turns-21psi boost-std ecu(for now) K+N panel filter-1/4 ml times (waiting to get a time) "HELLO"from"RICH"

This user has no status

Thanks
    if your driving your t5 as it should be no ones gonna hear a dum valve co all theyl hear is a whistling turbo ,screaching tyres, growling exhaust and a nutter behind the wheel laughing his tits off.......

This user has no status

Thanks
    Dump Valves do have a performance advantage but not at the pressures/use a Volvo T5 will see.

When a turbo is compressing air it heats up drastically - with a recirc valve yo are recirculating heated air whereas with a dump it is always 'new' air.

You would only notice a performance gain (very slight) in race use with full throtle gear changes / high pressures.

Recirc is better for normal use due to the metered air staying in the intake.

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ah got a dumpvalve in my Cozzy and it's kool coz it scares old biddys and makes dogs run off so there!

Thread Information