Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

alarm on my 2000 v40 t4

hello i was wondering if anyone can help me ,when i lock my car using the remote all the doors lock but the alarm does not activate . but even when the button is down on the drivers door ,you can open by just using the handle (basically its never locked ) when i unlock the car using the remote the hazards flash as if to de activate the alarm. i have no idea how long this has been the case , would it have anything to do with me changing the battery as it was knackered , any hwlp or advice is grateful ,before i put her into the garage ,i have checked all the fuses for the alarm system.

Singing in the rain!
    Thanks
    Is the led flashing on the dash when you lock the car with the remote?
    Sometimes my indicators don't flash just one of those things
    "I am never wrong! Just in a position to learn something new!"
    Mods so far, HLM ReMap, Goodridge brake lines, Eibach springs lowering 35mm, K&N57i filter with cold air, Strut brace, Shark fin aerial, Boost guage
    YES IT'S A DIESEL
    Wish list, BOV, 18" rims, Struts, Stainless exhaust, Injector Upgrade, MORE POWER!

This user has no status

Thanks
    no the led is not flashing , that is what caught my eye telling me that something was not right .

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    It sounds like the central locking motor on the drivers door has become detached from the locking mechanism,try locking it with the key from the drivers door.The wiring must all be ok as the signal is getting to the other doors so i think the problem is localised in the drivers door somewhere.

This user has no status

Thanks
    i will have a look at that this week , thanks for the advice

Thread Information