Join Today
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    From someone entitled to sell the software.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Did anybody note how the conversions affected mpg?

My V70R AWD is just bearable at 26 at the moment, wouldn't like to get much lower.

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Usually, the mpg goes up, but not by a lot.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status

Thanks

OUR KYLs

Quote Originally Posted by mitsy View Post
    Thanks Mate !! A GOOD [Aussie] GIRL !!!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    I have just had my 304 done today first thing i noticed was it doesnt boost as high in 1st and 2nd but third and fourth boosts without the cut out

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Is yours an Auto John? Did you get your ecu second hand?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    mines booked in with hamish at hlm tuning for a 304 rica on the 4th of October. £150 fitted. also getting it put on the rollers as well to see what improvement it gives.
    My t5 saloons only done 87000 just ran in!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    Thats great thanks how long has your car had the rica tuning on it also do you know if there are any meets in the uk for volvo owners?
    off topic but id be up for a meet in the south yorkshire area!

if you want to know if its worth getting your t5 RICA'd then ill happily take you for a spin in mine, it would be an unfair comparison to a rica 304 map as mines got the rica 340 map and 19t etc but you would get the idea

This user has no status
    Thanks
    stainsey have you had it done yet?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by y2blade View Post
    stainsey have you had it done yet?
    no had to buy new suspension for the rear of my car this week. gota save up £150. but did mannage to get some koni adjustable shoxs, and springs for me car tho.
    gone fit them at the weekend. am also going to make a rear strut brace at work in my workshop when ever i get an hour or so free.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Hello i will deff meet up in s.yorkshire im in barnsley where you from im wanting the rica and would be good to talk to someone who knows about it.
    pete

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    Hello i will deff meet up in s.yorkshire im in barnsley where you from im wanting the rica and would be good to talk to someone who knows about it.
    pete
    you have PM

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I had my car Rica'd today for a great price and the results I am more than happy with. I am not after chasing big figures as my car can be annoyingly twitchy in the wet anyway, so for £150 I got a 69hp and over 100nm increase in power form my car. Those results for me are great and the car seems to drive so much better than before with just the MBC on and wound up. My increases were seen as clutch increases on the std correction factor on the Dynojet rollers from HLM Tuning and the service along with the info and a good chat was gladly receicved from the man who did my work, Hamish. Thanks again. My figures were obtained on the dyno before and after the work so I could see a genuine increase in both power and the smile on my face. I can only recommend the service as I experienced it first hand and so far I am happy with the outcome. Right wheels and suspension next....

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan M View Post
    I had my car Rica'd today for a great price and the results I am more than happy with. I am not after chasing big figures as my car can be annoyingly twitchy in the wet anyway, so for £150 I got a 69hp and over 100nm increase in power form my car. Those results for me are great and the car seems to drive so much better than before with just the MBC on and wound up. My increases were seen as clutch increases on the std correction factor on the Dynojet rollers from HLM Tuning and the service along with the info and a good chat was gladly receicved from the man who did my work, Hamish. Thanks again. My figures were obtained on the dyno before and after the work so I could see a genuine increase in both power and the smile on my face. I can only recommend the service as I experienced it first hand and so far I am happy with the outcome. Right wheels and suspension next....
    Hi Alan
    can you confirm that you was sold a Rica and did you ask Hamish how is it possible for him to sell the Rica?

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Hello i dont have pm but do have facebook if that helps

This user has no status
    Thanks
    From what I know HLM are entitled to sell the software as they paid for the privilege to do so when they started offering the products. I am happy with the work that was carried out for which I received receipts stating the product sold to me and fitted to my car are Rica products. I am happy with what my is now doing and how well it has responded to the work.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan M View Post
    From what I know HLM are entitled to sell the software as they paid for the privilege to do so when they started offering the products. I am happy with the work that was carried out for which I received receipts stating the product sold to me and fitted to my car are Rica products. I am happy with what my is now doing and how well it has responded to the work.
    Hi Alan
    I only asked if you could confirm that what Hamish was selling is indeed a Rica as some have stated that it isnt a Rica but Hamish's own map

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hamish has a library of files from what I gathered and mine was one of those Rica library files. Mine isn't a custom one just a generic 304 Rica map/chip. Anyway I'm happy so far but for how long I'm not sure as I am going to be the same as every other person who increases the power of their car, I'm going to want more, lol.

This user has no status

Thanks
    well obviously i can not comment on the 280 but i have had the 304 fitted for almost a week now and am really impressed with it, it feels in less of a hurry or urgency till you look down and notice that your very glad to be on a private road (belongs to my gran) cause if you were not and got caught you would be in bother. Its is so smooth now and i can accelerate in any gear, my great uncle arrived in his boxter the other day and tried to force me out the way of the 3rd lane ( yes its a huge drive way ) i moved over when i could and at 70 we both went for it i absolutly well put it this way i arrived put the kettle on and had a steaming hot cup of tea ready for him for when he arrived he thanked me and of course i waved and told him his porche was less than average and he needed to find a girl friend as his right arm must be huge (yes he is right handed lost his left one during the bore war )
    850 T5s,rica 304,k@n air filter,mach1 hand made exhaust,1.4bar,lowerd springs and shocks,poly bushed upper and lower,uprated lights,ferodo racing fcp's pads,limo black windows,oh ye and a towbar

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johntheace View Post
    well obviously i can not comment on the 280 but i have had the 304 fitted for almost a week now and am really impressed with it, it feels in less of a hurry or urgency till you look down and notice that your very glad to be on a private road (belongs to my gran) cause if you were not and got caught you would be in bother. Its is so smooth now and i can accelerate in any gear, my great uncle arrived in his boxter the other day and tried to force me out the way of the 3rd lane ( yes its a huge drive way ) i moved over when i could and at 70 we both went for it i absolutly well put it this way i arrived put the kettle on and had a steaming hot cup of tea ready for him for when he arrived he thanked me and of course i waved and told him his porche was less than average and he needed to find a girl friend as his right arm must be huge (yes he is right handed lost his left one during the bore war )
    LMAO

Thread Information