Join Today

Thread: Amp or No Amp

This user has no status

Thanks

Amp or No Amp

Hi all.I have tried the search facility but struggling for an answer.
    Got a SC805 fitted to my 96 850CD t5 and am considering fitting a new double din unit as this cd player doesnt seem to like CDR s and i want to use my I-pod
    Is the SC805 system the one with the amp? Also if there are 8 speakers,where are they all? 1 in each door and 2 up on dash? Do i have another 2?
    If i get an iso loom ,do all 8 speakers still work?I take it if so that the front left door one will work with the left dash one? If this is true what happens if i upgrade the door ones? Will the dash ones cope?

Sorry for all the questions

Wayne
    Last edited by wayne509; Tuesday 2nd September 2008 at 19:26.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well i had to answer this one myself i guess

Ripped the old one out and no amp.Didn't realise the amp just plugged into the head unit anyway,so no problem even if it had one.

Bought a fancy new kenwood double din jobby and set about installing it. I reckon it looks very nice. I fitted the mic into a spare switch blank to keep it tidy and the ipod into the glove box.Was a bit of a pain to install the cage for the stereo but where there is a will there is a way.I also fitted a length of small chain from the mounting bolt on the back of the hi fi and wrapped it around some of the gubbins behind the glovebox. If someone wants to nick this one it's going to take them a while!
    I have a "Chasecam" set up from my motorbike days which i'm going to fit into the glovebox too.Going to mount the camera somewhere inside the car as i still need to remove and use it occasionally for mountain biking.The plan is to wire the chasecam into the headunit.Reason being is that i can watch the camera through the headunit and have the recorder running on loop so if anyone does anything dodgy infront of me its all recorded and for an occasional track day if i get round to doing the suspension on the big blue bus.

The standard speakers are ok just now but will be upgraded when funds allow.
    Anyway what do you think?

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Hello the iso lead bypasses you cars anp but you new head unit should have a built in amp i removed my old volvo sterio and replaced it with a sony and fitted a 12" sub in the boot even when i switch the sub off the original speaker are better with the sony head unit then the volvo amp also the 7th and 8th speakers are situated behing the rear lights on estate modles and i soppose they are on the parcel shelf on saloon models.
    depending which spec you car is some have 6 speakers and higher specs have 8.
    pete

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I wopuld like to know more about the cam and the recorder

This user has no status

Thanks
    If you look at this link you will see the recorder. http://www.chasecam.co.uk/recorders/ Pretty expensive but i needed a solid state recorder for the bike racing and days out etc. Needed something that could take a good beating reliably.Have since given up the motorbikes so might as well put it to some use in the car. As for the camera ,its the sony HQ1 seen here http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/sony-hq...met-camera.htm.

Everything was bought from Dogcamsport and i strongly suggest that if anyone was considering some kind of set up to contact Mark at Dogcam. Top guy

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Yeah, I've looked at the dogcam website before, great website with some good test footage.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

Thread Information