Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Sods law, abs light !

Going on holiday on Thursday and the soddin' ABS light's come on on the missus's way home from work !. Now I've repaired 2 abs ecu's at work for customers before but I can't remember which connnections in the ecu are the culprits. Anybody know what's happened to the repair guide that used to be in the help section as that's what I've used before (otherwise I'll re-solder everything !)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    http://www.freewebs.com/dacvolvo/absrepair.htm

Here you go NB. Don't stick a srewdriver in to split it though. I would if I were you break the outer lip off completely as there is enough to seal against after.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan M For This Useful Post:

tomtyres (Monday 1st September 2008)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan M View Post
    http://www.freewebs.com/dacvolvo/absrepair.htm

Here you go NB. Don't stick a srewdriver in to split it though. I would if I were you break the outer lip off completely as there is enough to seal against after.
    That's the one Alan !, recognize it now (was the same one I'd used before), had it my head that it was in the help section for some reason. Thanks mate.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    No probs.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Darn it !. Just spent an eternity scraping all that 'orrible silicon off (I've never got it to come off in a nice clean strip like shown !) re-soldered it and stuck it back on, no change. Just pulse tested the rears and the osr sensor is dead (yes I know, should have checked 'em first !). Guess what I'll be ordering Monday !

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Ah, but your abs ecu would've needed doing eventually mate, probably in the near future, so its one job out the way!!

Mass production soldering is absolutely ££££e, I had to resolder the fuel pump relay on my old 940 as the pump kept cutting out, and it was £25 for a new relay for the sake of a few dry joints!!
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nobananas View Post
    Darn it !. Just spent an eternity scraping all that 'orrible silicon off (I've never got it to come off in a nice clean strip like shown !) re-soldered it and stuck it back on, no change. Just pulse tested the rears and the osr sensor is dead (yes I know, should have checked 'em first !). Guess what I'll be ordering Monday !
    Bad luck. As Bomb said though its a job done and out the way. You should have just used a sharp blade or similar hen lift it off with tweezers as I did.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan M View Post
    Bad luck. As Bomb said though its a job done and out the way. You should have just used a sharp blade or similar hen lift it off with tweezers as I did.
    LOL, I did mate. Used a scalpel and 2 pairs of the wifes best tweezers !. Just unlucky I guess.

New Identity
    Thanks
    Mine was the same NB, didn't come off neatly at all, just a mess afterwards, but hey it worked.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Is the abs unit the same as this on a p-reg 850 t-5?

New Identity
    Thanks
    Are you looking to repair yours tom? if so then they are more or less the same inside probably not swappable though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    They are the same on the 96 model 850 T5, thats what mine is and NBs I think.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan M For This Useful Post:

Thread Information