Join Today
    Glad im Back -D
    Thanks

Rubbing on full lock ??????

I had my Wolfrace on before and they were 215x45x17" the wheel width was 7.5J.

I have changed to Tethys with the same sized tyres but now im getting tyre rub on full lock!

Why ???????

Any info will be helpfull!

Cheers, Lee

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hiya,

I think it's just that the steering stops and wheel arch liner on 850s weren't made to take those kinds of size wheels and tyres?

For what it's worth, my 17"x7J Volans with stock size 205/45/R17 tyres rub a *tiny* bit on full lock, at least by the evidence rub marks on the wheel arch liner with the front wheels off.

Now I've moved to 17"x8J Pegasus with 235/40/R17 tyres I'm definitely getting a bit more rub on full lock.

I think the steering stops (white bits of plastic riveted to the wishbone) can be replaced with thicker ones from a C70 (blue plastic, I understand) to try and help but you'll lose some turning circle.

HTH, Pete
    '97MY black 855R manual M56H
    Porsche/S60R BBK, 17"x8J Pegasus, RIP, Samco coolant & vac, Koni SSK/Nivo, Simota, 15G angle flange, IPD turbo back & HT, MSD coil, chipped, dimming mirror, Goodridge hoses, DOT5.1, V70 rear lights & handles, poly top bush & A arms & tie bar, strut brace, clear repeaters, 6k HID, catch tank, 2x rear brace

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dooby For This Useful Post:

cameron (Wednesday 20th August 2008)

Singing in the rain!
    Thanks
    Could be the throw of the wheels(i.e. the distance between hub mating face and the inner rim) could be that your tethy's are just a bit more to the inside.
    "I am never wrong! Just in a position to learn something new!"
    Mods so far, HLM ReMap, Goodridge brake lines, Eibach springs lowering 35mm, K&N57i filter with cold air, Strut brace, Shark fin aerial, Boost guage
    YES IT'S A DIESEL
    Wish list, BOV, 18" rims, Struts, Stainless exhaust, Injector Upgrade, MORE POWER!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CONDYBOY For This Useful Post:

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    As above really Cameron,my wheels are off the newer shape V70 but with the 215/45x17 tyre size on and they do rub on full lock.I ignore it and dont use full lock!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to readview For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hiya,

I think Condy's onto it - I'd missed that you'd had the same size rims on before (presumably with no problems). I think the two wheels must have different offsets then, all else being the same.

Cheers, Pete
    '97MY black 855R manual M56H
    Porsche/S60R BBK, 17"x8J Pegasus, RIP, Samco coolant & vac, Koni SSK/Nivo, Simota, 15G angle flange, IPD turbo back & HT, MSD coil, chipped, dimming mirror, Goodridge hoses, DOT5.1, V70 rear lights & handles, poly top bush & A arms & tie bar, strut brace, clear repeaters, 6k HID, catch tank, 2x rear brace

Thread Information