Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Starting Problem, Any ideas?

every now and again when i start my c70, it fies up when the ignition is turned and then the revs drop straight away and it cut's out then if you try to start again it refuses to even fire up but the 3rd time of starting it always fires up and the revs settle at 1000 RPM as they should, like i say it's only now and again but is pretty embarrasing sumtimes when it wont start when im in a car wash etc, the mechanic at work suggests it could be a fuel problem causing this and esarlier when i had my dad in the car and we was stationery in traffic he reckoned he could smell a bit of petrol then it went and he never smelt it after or before that only time.Iv checked the drive etc for any fuel leakages etc but not a sign of anything!
    Any ideas or suggestions where i should start to investigate the problem?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    My V70 does the exact same thing, iv been told that it could be somthing to do with a chip in the key for the imobilizer? i only have one key so cant say if thats it or not, it was a volvo mechanic that told me so it might be worth checking!

This user has no status

Thanks
    it could be the immobilizer as suggested by chris, i also think the evap system can cause problems! my was a right pain in the arse until i accidentally broke one of the one way valves on the evap system & decided 50 quid was too much to be a tree hugger.... so more or less riped the whole system out! no more starting problems.....

however i did spend an awful lot of time getting my car far from perfect at around the same time so it may be co incidence
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2552&dateline=1218822  313
    She may not be perfect but i love her anyway....

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks chrisRSVR, i thought the same but i tried using the spare key for a couple of weeks and exactly same thing kept happening, me personally first thing that came into my head when i started to get this problem was a immobilizer fault or chip in key fault.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arongreaves View Post
    Thanks chrisRSVR, i thought the same but i tried using the spare key for a couple of weeks and exactly same thing kept happening, me personally first thing that came into my head when i started to get this problem was a immobilizer fault or chip in key fault.
    spare key wont help.... its the ring around the ignition that plays up
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2552&dateline=1218822  313
    She may not be perfect but i love her anyway....

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If its only doing it when the engines cold, could be a dodgy coolant temperature sensor, mine was faulty and same was happening but you'd expect lamda light to come on if this is the case.

This user has no status
    Thanks

Question

If it's not the ignition ring as stated earlier it could be a number of things! sounds electrical as unburnt fuel smell would lead to this! no fire at plugs but it's one of them process of illumination tasks i'm affraid! hope that's how you spell it? good luck with it!!!!!!!!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
    spare key wont help.... its the ring around the ignition that plays up
    Correct we change loads of these items they cost £25 fom memory and is easy to change at home i would put money on it being this .

Russ
    LOOK at our project :
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16301
    591 BHP 524 Ftlbs torque so far
    The Most Powerful T5 in the UK

This user has no status

Thanks
    Mine did it aswell, but I have found that it only happens if I jump in and fire it up straight away it hasn't happened since I put key in and count to 10 before turning key. Worth a try?

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    If it is the antenna ring, (pretty likely to be honest, we sell lots of these - looking at the history of the part around one a week) then price is as follows.

ANTENNA RING:
    P/n: 271632
    Volvo Price: £31.26 inc vat
    Our Price: £26.57 inc vat, plus postage
    Postage:£1.67 Royal Mail 2nd Class recorded delivery
    Availability: Usually in Stock, or would be in with us the same day or day after order is placed, then sent out with Royal Mail.

Hope this helps

Simon
    If VOLVO is Your Drug, I am Your Dealer!

FRF FEEDBACK (click here)

Click Here for Info on FRF Motors...

<FOR QUOTES PLEASE CALL 01792 790066 / 01792 784272>

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

PLEASE QUOTE DISCOUNT CODE: "C3" FOR OUR BEST DISCOUNTED PRICES!

This user has no status

Thanks
    on mine it was the ring around the barrel too, it's occasionally doing it again now though which is a bit of an irritation, I find if I hold the key flat to the lock before putting it in, it works every time...

Thread Information