Hi Everybody.

Got a problem with my R, looks like the autobox is knackered.

What happened was,

Drove it for about 5 miles and all perfect, park up at a friends house and had to reverse about 300 meters to get out of his tight lane, been reversing for about 200 meters and engine revved but lost drive, no forward gears either.

Turned it off and restarted and still nothing, turned it off and slammed the selector back and forth and got drive back, went a few yards forward and it faded to no drive again, did this a few times and managed to move about 100 yards really only to get out of traffic. No dash lights on. Let it cool and had a poke around under the bonnet, all level ok and not burnt, started again and it drove perfectly through the gears for a mile the faded again so got it towed.

I am prepared for the bad news but i am not totally convinced the box has had it as when it does go it is so smooth and also no lights?

The only thing i did differant just before it failed was to hit the tracs switch and switch it off then back on as i was trying to open the roof. Cant see this has anything to do with it tho.

It is off to my friend who is gloucester indie volvo tech on monday for codes etc but i thought i would try the brains on here for anything in the mean time and also get a box, even if it is not the box i will buy one for a spare as i need the car on the road quickly when it breaks due to the wife and kids hectic social life.

What really p++++s me off is that i spent 2 days claying and polishing it and have just bought new brake discs and pads and this is how it treats me, complete lack of respect!

Appreciate any info.

Ta

Steve