Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

'97 V70 Boost hose pop & Warning Light

Afternoon all,

Well this afternoon I took my newly aquired '97 V70 T5 for a quick jaunt and not too far from my house I heard a pop followed by a loud hiss (just like an atmospheric dump valve). Anyway I limped it into my drive and found the boost hose had come off the turbo - the jubilee clip was so loose and covered in oil, so no wonder it popped off.

But now I have a warning light on, its on the right hand side of the cluster (just like an italic 'A') and in the handbook it says "Fault in engine electronic system".

Can anyone shed any light as to why this warning light has come on and what action I need to take?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanE30 View Post
    Afternoon all,

Well this afternoon I took my newly aquired '97 V70 T5 for a quick jaunt and not too far from my house I heard a pop followed by a loud hiss (just like an atmospheric dump valve). Anyway I limped it into my drive and found the boost hose had come off the turbo - the jubilee clip was so loose and covered in oil, so no wonder it popped off.

But now I have a warning light on, its on the right hand side of the cluster (just like an italic 'A') and in the handbook it says "Fault in engine electronic system".

Can anyone shed any light as to why this warning light has come on and what action I need to take?
    its because the car had a massive air leak & logged a fault code in the ecu..... you can either get it cleared with a code reader or disconect the battery for a while

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PNuT For This Useful Post:

John (Wednesday 13th April 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
    its because the car had a massive air leak & logged a fault code in the ecu..... you can either get it cleared with a code reader or disconect the battery for a while
    Ah, thank you. I'll disconnect the battery for a while. I must say this is a awesome forum!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Blimey chap

That aint the one you thought was not too tight when you were under the bonnet?

As PNuT said, let the battery off for a while, in the meantime refit the hose and tighten and all should be good with the world again

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by freaky fingers View Post
    Blimey chap

That aint the one you thought was not too tight when you were under the bonnet?

As PNuT said, let the battery off for a while, in the meantime refit the hose and tighten and all should be good with the world again

It is indeed, I tightened it up but it still went pop. It only popped off due to some grease/oil on the pipe. All sorted now though and the battery is reconnected and no more warning lights.

Thanks chaps.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Nice one Dan, A lot of us have had that pipe come off on us especially with more boost, i ended up getting a clamp made up for the top metal boost hose,

Gary
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Chuffed all's well again dan, might be worth asking siam for some more info to ensure it don't happen again

Thread Information