Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Exclamation Donking , Bonking,Clonking

I hope this may help anyone chasing random clonks etc. if you have done the normal wishbone bushes, tie bars etc and are still searching for random ker-thunks . Have a look at your Front lower Engine Tie Bar small bush, its the one that connects the transmission to the engine. if your cars done over 40k you can be almost certain it will be shot (mine fell apart in my hand when I took it of the car 2003 v70 d5). Its a simple little job 15-30 min's but what a result when it's done. I bought mine, poly- bush from Parts for volvo online under £20 delivered.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'm thinking of replacing this bush.

Can you tell me on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the easiest), how easy a DIY job this is to do?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D5 Stunt Man View Post
    I'm thinking of replacing this bush.

Can you tell me on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the easiest), how easy a DIY job this is to do?
    I would say if 10 is the easiest then about a 9, as all you have to do is take jack her up, take off the under tray as you would for an oil change, take the weight of the engine with a jack with a piece of wood or similar to protect the sump. then remove the two bolts and two nuts, push out the small rubber bush (mine fell out) clean out the remaining rubber and push in the new bush by hand you won't need a press or such like.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by horbs View Post
    I would say if 10 is the easiest then about a 9, as all you have to do is take jack her up, take off the under tray as you would for an oil change, take the weight of the engine with a jack with a piece of wood or similar to protect the sump. then remove the two bolts and two nuts, push out the small rubber bush (mine fell out) clean out the remaining rubber and push in the new bush by hand you won't need a press or such like.

Thanks, thats really helpful.

I think I might give it a go myself.

Thread Information