Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: c70 not revving

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've done some reading and it seems to me the vehicle speed is taken from a 12 pulse signal from the front wheels presumeably the abs sensors....

do all the instruments work?

any warning lights on?
    White '98 S70 T5 ME7
    K&N panel filter
    Drilled airbox
    Ported 18T
    Milltek Exhaust
    Dark Anthracite Comets
    'R' Bumper
    2003 C70 Headlights
    Autogauge smoked boost gauge

"Yeh, the T5 and T5R are handy bits of kit for transporting wardrobes across the country at monumental speeds."

This user has no status

Thanks
    he ran diagnostics and got some fault codes that pointed to lamdas but these are ok.
    it hasn't got fuel computer (optional extra).

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I would definitely have a look at the abs sensors (check wiring and clean), it does have a bulb in the abs light doesn't it?

I'm pretty sure they all have abs.
    White '98 S70 T5 ME7
    K&N panel filter
    Drilled airbox
    Ported 18T
    Milltek Exhaust
    Dark Anthracite Comets
    'R' Bumper
    2003 C70 Headlights

"Yeh, the T5 and T5R are handy bits of kit for transporting wardrobes across the country at monumental speeds."

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rs_andy View Post
    I've done some reading and it seems to me the vehicle speed is taken from a 12 pulse signal from the front wheels presumeably the abs sensors....

do all the instruments work?

any warning lights on?
    vehicle speed is taken from the rear wheel on the earlier models.... i guess due to front wheels spinning & giving false readings....

i would personally have a go at PMing *chris rogers* via the VOC forum & see if he can be of any assistance

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
    vehicle speed is taken from the rear wheel on the earlier models.... i guess due to front wheels spinning & giving false readings....

i would personally have a go at PMing *chris rogers* via the VOC forum & see if he can be of any assistance
    this is a 2000 car though, just going on vadis saying the instrument panel takes speed readings from the front wheels, either way it sounds like the engine management doesn't think the car is moving....
    White '98 S70 T5 ME7
    K&N panel filter
    Drilled airbox
    Ported 18T
    Milltek Exhaust
    Dark Anthracite Comets
    'R' Bumper
    2003 C70 Headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    it doesn't have an onboard computer unfortunately andy, looking in the book they were optional extra. getting ecu checked at the mo.... see what that brings??

This user has no status

Thanks
    doesn't have an onboard computer unfortunately andy, looking in the book they were optional extra. getting ecu checked at the mo.... see what that brings??

This user has no status

Thanks
    Have I missed it or have you tried disconnecting Airflow meter?
    Had prob. some time ago; disconnecting and then reconnect lead solved it. OK for year or so now. Dirty connections in switch?

This user has no status

Thanks
    air flow meter has been checked adge.. not sure about connections though.......will pass it on cheers
    Last edited by STONECOLD; Wednesday 6th August 2008 at 18:35.

This user has no status

Thanks
    at last the prob is solved! low oil pressure caused by oil orifice being blocked by cowboy and batroom sealant (around sump). also some idiot played with vvti and messed it up.
    thanks for all advice from you guys who contributed, and if anyone has similar prob hope this can help!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for up-date. Always useful!

This user has no status
    Thanks

Question pls help engine management light codes:p1171 & 1174

i had the autoelectician out to check codes he reset the light and said it was something to do wiv exhaust some sensors maybe? it only cost 20 quid to read codes and reset light but 2 hours after the light was back on and power has decreased and feels like its hessitating on acceleration almost like its blocked up or something can anyone help please? its a 2000 2.0 turbo c70 the reader he used plugged into the socket under arm rest, obd2 it says hope this is of some use? and its a serious lack of power i went to overtake and there was nothing for a few seconds leaving me on the wrong side of the road stranded for a bit! i have battered the exhaust with a rubber hammer to see if it loosened something to alow more flow but thats made no difference at all, any info would be gr8 cheers!

This user has no status

Thanks
    possible sensor gone on boost hose? maybe telling the ecu it is overboosting when it is not and cutting the power.

I'm about 30 mins from ipswich and armed with vad*s and code reading software - let me know if i can help

good luck

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave854 View Post
    possible sensor gone on boost hose? maybe telling the ecu it is overboosting when it is not and cutting the power.

I'm about 30 mins from ipswich and armed with vad*s and code reading software - let me know if i can help

good luck
    as much as i appreciate the offer im near chester about 250miles away m8! i will get the boost hose sensor checked out those thanks for the input bud.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hello i've gota a manual 1998 c70 gt t5 an mine will only rev to 4000 rpm when sat on the spot too. i have been told this is normal due to the rev limiter. if you get the ecu chiped or remaped this will change... it should rev right through to 8000 when on spot or driving...

Thread Information