Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Air con fixed - Wurth sealant

Today I have had my Aircon fixed easily and cheaply by a new product I havent heard of before and thought I would pass on the news. Before I sound like Barry who sells Cillit Bang (BANG!!! And the aircon is back!!) Im not affiliated with this product or the Independant that carried out the work.

My V40 lost gas over last summer whilst owned by Filterlab and the diagnosis at that stage was the condenser. I was quoted high sums for replacement but was prepared to buy one and replace the part with the help of Filterlab saving a few few poundage. My preferred garage is Wrights Independant Volvo Specialsits, Attelborough Norfolk. They told me about a new product by Wurth that came out last year that basically does the same as the rad sealants you can buy - and they have had a 100% success rate so far. I was quoted all in £135 and thought it was worth a go first.

Well Ive been up today and I have to say Im over the freaking moon with the results. it comes in a small can and after clearing the existing system (it still had some gas left and was also holding a vacuum so the hole cant have been that big anyway) and doing whatever they do with the product followed by a regas, I instantly had aircon back!!!

Of course it was sods law that the weather was miserable today and I could have done with it last week when the girlfriend and I were coming back from a sweltering motorshow, but I was practically shivering with the ice coldness after the treatment today.

Im not quite sure which product it is but the Wurth site gives two products, a 4 in 1 leak stop, and thena super AC leak stop.

http://issuu.com/wurthuk/docs/coolius_2008/3

There may be other products about and perhaps I can be enlightened but its working for me and others that may have similar leak issues may benefit from this product.

All the best,

KC
    V40 T4

Apart from my dignity and self respect, I have nothing to lose

OTBC

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Glad you got it sorted for a very reasonable price matey, it was the only niggle with the entire car - and now it's fixed!

Get in touch with The Mac Doctor now.
    (Covering Norwich and Norfolk)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The car, my friend, is immaculate and perfect (and I can never thank you enough for giving it to me - as well as your seemingly unending friendship and advice in the face of my annoying presence and bizzare almost catastrophic tendency to pour myself into difficult emotional situations) and it is an absolute pleasure to drive - in fact after living so long without aircon I keep dialling it down to zero to make sure it still works and it does - it feels like a new car! Must still be thinking Im in Cyprus though - I may have had my summer!
    V40 T4

OTBC

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The A/C does make a huge difference, if the warm temperatures remain for a week or more I'll grab a new compressor for the S70 and have it regassed, if not then I'll leave it for a while. Glad the T4 is running well, it is a grand car that one.

Get in touch with The Mac Doctor now.
    (Covering Norwich and Norfolk)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Certainly is! (as is the S70). I dont like having things not working so Im glad its all sorted
    V40 T4

OTBC

Thread Information