Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Changing Air Con Receiver Drier

Hi,

When changing the coolant at the weekend I noticed that the Air Con Receiver Drier was all bubbled up and slowly dripping!!

My usual mobile guy has said he can empty the system, and supply the receiver drier for me to fit, and then regas (not had a price yet!), however having searched the threads it seems that one side is a normal screwthread and bolt, but the long pipe has a spring loaded bayonet attachment which needs a special tool.

As I do not have the special tool mentioned, I was looking for recommendations for someone in the Kidderminster / Worcester (or Birmingham at a push) area that would be able to change the drier for me.

There were mentions of a "Richard" in a 2005 post, but he's not in the preferred supplier section anymore.

Looking forward to your help

Stu.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I bought the spring lock tools off ebay, they are the same as ford, cost about £10.00 if I can find a link ill post it for you if you wish
    Jim
    96/97 V70 2.5T 20V B5254T AWD Petrol/LPG
    Injectors cleaned every six months

This user has no status

Thanks
    96/97 V70 2.5T 20V B5254T AWD Petrol/LPG
    Injectors cleaned every six months

Thread Information