Join Today

Thread: servo removal

This user has no status

Thanks

servo removal

I have been skinned on both arms both sets of knuckles and have been bent up into more obscure positions than harry houdini today attempting to remove my servo, i now need help!

I released the pedal box side and all the couplings, master cylinder, engine mounts and even removed the heat sheilds fron the manifold, as i withdrew the servo it hit the head and i hit mine, 5hs being ultra careful and this happens, i have looked at the setup and there appears to be no way to gain the extra clearance to remove it without either, dropping the subframe and tilting the engine or removing the head, either of these is too big a job for me at home so can anyone suggest a better way if there is one, i cant see a way of removing the piston link arm that goes to the pedal either.

This user has no status

Thanks
    come on dudes has no one got a haynes to have a quick peek for me? pleeeeezzzzeee

This user has no status
    Thanks
    In the haynes it says,

5 DISCONNECT THE WIRING CONNECTOR FROM THE BRAKE PEDAL POSITION SENSOR,

6 RELEASE THE WIRING LOOM AND DUCTING AROUND THE SERVO,

7 REMOVE LOWER DRIVERS FACIA TRIM,

8 DOSCONECT THE SERVO PUSHROD AND LINKAGE FROM THE BRAKE PEDAL BY REMOVING THE RETAINING CLIP.

9 UNDO THE 4 NUTS THEN REMOVE THE SERVO FROM THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT,RECOVER THE O RING SEAL BETWEEN THE SERVO AND BULKHEAD.
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

This user has no status

Thanks
    I too have read this paragraph, however the phase two engine is much larger than my classic v70 t5 and it will not clear the engine like the early one would, i am thinking of the link arm that goes to the pedal will have to be removed somehow, it seems like you have to bang a drawing pin in with a 40lb lump hammer to get this job done, its rediculous. I have rang the scarp yards and a couple of contacts and they all say the only time that they have dont this job the engine was already out, so i am no furhteron.

The phase 2 car is not as easy to work on from 2000 on, would keep the older one but just had this one rica'd so have got to sort this out.

Has anyone got a good volvo contact anywhere as the dealers "need to see the car" ££££££££££££!! to tell me how it is done, thanks for the help.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Phone Dave Pengelly in Notts,Anyone got his number for this chap ?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    His number is 0115 9781117.

Don't mess him around as I don't want him upset. I'm beginning to rely on this guru and such a nice man t'boot.

Mention the site as he may be a little confused as to why a Cheshire-ite would call...

This user has no status

Thanks
    thanks for the help dudes and dudesses, the engine needs to be moved to remove the servo, either dropping the subframe or indeed removing all of the engine mounts and getting Garth to pull it forward to give the space to remove it! not a DIY job i have to say.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Damn thats a bummer,Glad we were of help in a way,Hope you get it sorted soon,

Gary

Thread Information