Join Today

Thread: Alarm siren

This user has no status
    Thanks

Alarm siren

I took my car to the dealers yesterday to have the fault codes read to try to find out why I have the problem with the remote central locking I've mentioned in another thread. No fault was shown except a flat battery in the alarm siren which is a separate system. So I still don't know why my remote range is so poor.
    Anyway the LED light on the dash is now flashing like mad when the ignition is turned on indicating an alarm fault so I suspect the siren battery is causing that. Furthermore I can't set the alarm off on purpose now either. So:
    can the siren battery be replaced?
    It's under the nearside wheelarch cover I believe. What sort of job is it to to get at the siren?
    Rufe if you read this how much is a new siren please.
    Thanks very much.
    1997 Volvo S70 2.5T CD. RICA 235 remap. Volvo front strut brace. Late C70 clear headlights, indicators and grille. HID bulb upgrade. Columba 16" wheels.

Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember this:
    Amateurs..............built the Ark!
    Professionals........built the Titanic!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I had the battery die on my siren, found because my alarm kept going off when its cold (turned out to be not that) they can't replace the battery only the siren which ran to £230 at speeds.

Looked at the invoice and the siren was £112.50 + VAT
    Last edited by rs_andy; Sunday 27th July 2008 at 17:55.
    White '98 S70 T5 ME7
    K&N panel filter
    Drilled airbox
    Ported 18T
    Milltek Exhaust
    Dark Anthracite Comets
    'R' Bumper
    2003 C70 Headlights
    Autogauge smoked boost gauge

"Yeh, the T5 and T5R are handy bits of kit for transporting wardrobes across the country at monumental speeds."

Thread Information