Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Fuel/Outside Temp. probs

Hi All,

Can anyone help me with the following:
    My fuel gauge on my MY95 T5 doesn't always read correctly and the digital info doesn't tally with it either. i.e full tank showing 50lts digi reading 375miles!?!
    Outside temp reads anywhere between -3*C (when i know it was at least 20) and 20*C (missus clio reading 25*C today).
    Any suggestions most welcome.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Think this could be a problem of trial and error the fuel gauge sounds as if the float in the tank is sticking or the sender unit is packing up and the temp display could be the the sensor either dirty or the wire is braking down i know the temp sensor is variable between +1 and -1 degree of the actual outside temp and can be affected by the heat of the engine.Hope this helps

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for that. I'll have a look when I get back from hols.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iyanc View Post
    Hi All,

Can anyone help me with the following:
    My fuel gauge on my MY95 T5 doesn't always read correctly and the digital info doesn't tally with it either. i.e full tank showing 50lts digi reading 375miles!?!
    Outside temp reads anywhere between -3*C (when i know it was at least 20) and 20*C (missus clio reading 25*C today).
    Any suggestions most welcome.
    Im not sure what you think is wrong with the fuel reading, a full tank is 70 litres btw , this being 15.5 ish gallons... If you car trip is calculating current mpg @ 24 ish then this would be about right....
    The outside sensor is located behind the front bumper and may well need replacing or the wiring looked at...
    Cheers
    Jod
    855 rica 304bhp, Adjusted Wastegate, Bleed Valve, ITG Panel Filter, 171k fsh, Volvo Strutt Brace, Polybush Topmount , 4mm Samco Vacuum Hoses, 10 Core "Racing" Ht Leads, 302mm Volvo Discs under 16" Columba Alloys, Performance DS2500 Fronts Red Stuff Rears, Drillled Airbox, 5w/40 Oil Changed @ 5k intervals,

764 B230ET 108k FVSH No mods yet...Planning underway.....

Dum Spiro Spero

VOC 850/70 Register Keeper
    VOC 20419

This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

I can change my computers miles remaining from say 300 to 260 in a 10 min thrashing and then bring it back to 280 with a nice sedate cruise I think they are only useful if running out of fuel in a remote area.
    S70CD t5 manual w/walnut incl. steering wheel, Rica 310 ecu, K&N, switched cold spray to i.c, d/pt plugs, 302mm f/disc, s/s hoses, f/strut brace, polybushed engine mount & control arm bushes,Koni FSDs with 30mm lowered eibach springs. R front bumper, boost gauge on pillar, 17in comets.w/pilot sport 215/45/, aerial down switch, double fog intens.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If the fuel trip computer seems to be working it could be something simple that is the problem. Have you checked all the connections around the fuel pump in the back of the car? It may be worth disconnecting them and putting some connector grease in them. Do it while the car is not started though. This may help with the low fuel tan reading. The temp sensor may have the same problem or it might need to be changed. You can see the temp sensor through the front bumper at the lower right side, it is suspended by a bracket where it fits through.

Thread Information