Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

855 front and rear door speaker upgrade

I'm planning to upgrade my 855 front and rear door speakers. My original Volvo head unit has been replaced with a Sony unit.

From the other threads the door speakers are 5.25inch or approx 130mm. Could anyone confirm that the front and rear speakers are of the same dimension?

Are the speaker mounting points for front and rears the same?

Also appreciate recommendations on which brand of speakers I should purchase?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I can confirm that the rear door speakers are 130mm,not sure about front ones.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    this company are VERY good have used them in the past http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/

This user has no status

Thanks
    http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index...howtopic=21970
    this is a handy site for the speaker sizes

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ken10 View Post
    I'm planning to upgrade my 855 front and rear door speakers. My original Volvo head unit has been replaced with a Sony unit.

From the other threads the door speakers are 5.25inch or approx 130mm. Could anyone confirm that the front and rear speakers are of the same dimension?

components in the front coaxials in the back run coaxials from existing speaker wires
    Last edited by joesc70; Thursday 24th July 2008 at 23:27.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Vazman, thanks for the informative volvospeed site for speakers which confirms the speakers for the doors are 5.25". Any idea whether I need to drill in new holes for the new speakers. Is there a particular brand of speakers with the same mounting holes as the original Volvo speakers?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Heres a good forum for info and has a lot of posts with pictures too!! http://www.volvo-forums.com/f31-volvo-850-forum.htm

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i'm prob going to go for 2 pairs of these

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...c2_p-21525.htm

This user has no status

Thanks
    LesRED850R - Thanks for the volvo-forum site. Lots of information on stereos there.

This user has no status

Thanks

855 Front and Rear Door Speakers

Attached are photos of my Volvo 855 original Front and Rear Door Speakers which I'm intending to replace after more than 10 years of use. The speakers appear to be 13cm 2-way co-axials.

My query is - why are the "tweeter domes" different for both sets of speakers.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ken10 View Post

MB QUART... Made in Germany and world renown. The 'Premium Sound System ' That comes in the hi-spec 850, actually blew a speaker repair man away with its quality...even with toasted rear door bass units and the lh/front dodgy.. Joss Stone may have helped...He wanted to charge me s#%T loads to fix the bodgy units after that maybe the fact it is a Volvo made the $$ go to his head...It pays to take things out of thje car and get them fixed...
    Last edited by LesRED850R; Tuesday 29th July 2008 at 05:23.

Thread Information