Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Yer thanks kal, thats spot on, ill give it ago when i sort my low boost problem, dave the mbc normaly stays under the bonnet, not in the cabin,

cheers ian

This user has no status

Thanks
    Aye, I know the MBC does ... but the boost gauge don't. Where do I poke the transparent pipe through?

Apologies. I know I'm a noob.

This user has no status

Thanks
    There is part of the wiring loom that goes through the bulk head round about where your foot pedals are!!! Just poke the tube in through the grommet and route it where you want it to go!! I had to T mine into the vacum hose that goes to the waste gate from the the front of the block, make sure you do it up the back of the engine though or the pipe won't reach!!! And make sure it's the vacum hose you cut and not the knock sensor wire that runs next to it, cost me about £300 for that slip!!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daveforber View Post
    Aye, I know the MBC does ... but the boost gauge don't. Where do I poke the transparent pipe through?

Apologies. I know I'm a noob.

Kal has said were he put his through, I went the passenger side of the engine bay, there is a big rubber gromet which holds some electrical wires and goes in under the glove box, I pulled it out, made a small hole and went in that way, I have fitted my gauge under the radio, will get some pics if needed,

cheers ian

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    I had to T mine into the vacum hose that goes to the waste gate from the the front of the block
    Sorry to keep asking daft questions (I'm happy to do the work ... I just don't know which is a vacuum hose and which ain't).

So, as the piccy says:

That pipe ends up in the BCS.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Im not to sure dave bu looking at your pic, that looks like the top pipe, Ive got mine on the bottom/front as you look at it from the front of the car.

Anyway I took the dump valve off, put it back on, made sure all the pipes were tight and it was still showing 5 psi, I went and got another gauge from halfruads and that is showing just past 6 psi, the gauge I got wont sit at 0, its just past in the -.

I fitted the mbc, wound it out to start, it was then showing 10 psi, I turned it up a few times, then even wound it quite far in and it still showing about 10 psi, so at the mo im not all that impressed, unless I have a problem somwere,

cheers ian

This user has no status

Thanks
    Glad I didn't cut it then! Actually, looking at Kal's MBC 'how to' picture, I'll probably fit it inline with the boost source for the MBC.

There is a world of difference between 6psi and 10psi - any difference in the performance of the car? At least if it went quicker you'd know something was happening!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Umm not sure tbh, Ill leave it on for a few weeks, then ill take it off, see if I notice any difference then by taking it off, ill take my mrs out in it tomoz she if she notices any difference she nomaly notices better than I do,

cheers ian

Singing in the rain!
    Thanks
    at tickover shouldn't you be reading in the negative anyway? as far as i am aware the turbo doesn't start to spool until you depress the accelerator which means that the engine is having to draw the air in thus a negative reading. all IMO.
    "I am never wrong! Just in a position to learn something new!"
    Mods so far, HLM ReMap, Goodridge brake lines, Eibach springs lowering 35mm, K&N57i filter with cold air, Strut brace, Shark fin aerial, Boost guage
    YES IT'S A DIESEL
    Wish list, BOV, 18" rims, Struts, Stainless exhaust, Injector Upgrade, MORE POWER!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CONDYBOY View Post
    at tickover shouldn't you be reading in the negative anyway? as far as i am aware the turbo doesn't start to spool until you depress the accelerator which means that the engine is having to draw the air in thus a negative reading. all IMO.
    Yeah mine reads -20 on tick over, only get + pressure above half throttle!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sounds like you have a prob somewhere Ian, mine went from 9psi to 15psi(original pressure I was running)!! You should notice a big diff in performance espically in the higher gears!! I can't get grip in 1st if I pin mine and also struggle for grip in 2nd even in the dry!!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Sounds like you have a prob somewhere Ian, mine went from 9psi to 15psi(original pressure I was running)!! You should notice a big diff in performance espically in the higher gears!! I can't get grip in 1st if I pin mine and also struggle for grip in 2nd even in the dry!!!

Umm I know, I have checked and double checked all the hoses Ive changed and cut into, I took the dump valve off, and back on again, bought another boost gauge. What else can I check, anyway a garage could tell by plugging in there systems, any other sujestions,

cheers ian

This user has no status

Thanks
    Are you running stock induction and exhaust??

This user has no status

Thanks
    Stock exhaust but got a pipercross induction kit, I also refitted the standard one to see if there would be any change, but it was the same,

cheers ian

This user has no status

Thanks
    Eemm not sure, you should notice a diff really!! You blanked off the BSC but left it plugged in? I'll double check my connections!! What MBC you using??

Thread Information