Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

fuel hose diameter

evening all,does anybody know the correct i/d fuel hose which connects between the steel fuel line and the fuel pressure regulator on a 98 t4(i broke the nipple off my old regulator an it stuck in the hose,now ive lost the hose!!).ive tried to fit a piece of hose i had lying around but couldnt get a tight fit an had a bit of a leaking issue(not good!).thanks in advance for any help.

Singing in the rain!
    Thanks
    I've always used 8mm bore rubber hosing with reinforcing threads, never had any probs with leaking. just make sure that the clamps are tight. Can you post some pics so I can see exactly what you mean by "I've broke the nipple off!" Has this come off the fuel regulator? if so what are you fitting to???
    "I am never wrong! Just in a position to learn something new!"
    Mods so far, HLM ReMap, Goodridge brake lines, Eibach springs lowering 35mm, K&N57i filter with cold air, Strut brace, Shark fin aerial, Boost guage
    YES IT'S A DIESEL
    Wish list, BOV, 18" rims, Struts, Stainless exhaust, Injector Upgrade, MORE POWER!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    sorry mate, meant to say snapped the nipple off my old regulator while in the process of fitting a new one,(fixing the dreaded t4 slow starting issue)

Singing in the rain!
    Thanks
    Ahh! right with you now. as I said I generally use 8mm flexible hosing to replace rottten steel ones. did you want the part numbers? if so vadis doesn't list a part number for the length of pipe that comes from the top of the pressure regulator (the one poking out the top in line with the regulator), if it's the pipe that comes out at 90 degrees from the base of the regulator then the part number is 1332454. hope this helps!
    "I am never wrong! Just in a position to learn something new!"
    Mods so far, HLM ReMap, Goodridge brake lines, Eibach springs lowering 35mm, K&N57i filter with cold air, Strut brace, Shark fin aerial, Boost guage
    YES IT'S A DIESEL
    Wish list, BOV, 18" rims, Struts, Stainless exhaust, Injector Upgrade, MORE POWER!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CONDYBOY For This Useful Post:

bonus (Sunday 13th July 2008)

Thread Information