Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks

stainless downpipe

Anyone know where I can get a stainless downpipe for my 97 v70r? it is the awd model & i have tried a couple of places but no joy....

I am thinking about getting one on when I get my ecu upgrade done..

Thanks

....is making a comeback
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Is yours the 3 inch type from the turbo?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    not sure mate, will have to check....

....is making a comeback
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    To be honest mate, won't really gain you any bhp if you already have a 3 inch on, why do you wanna change it?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    yes, I do already have the 3" downpipe, Thought a stainless downpipe may of improved hp?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    with a sports cat maybe?

....is making a comeback
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I got mine custom made in Cardiff, but I do belive a few companys make them for the T-5s, not sure there names though, sports cat with the stainless will make an improvment!!!!!! I paid £140 for my downpipe if thats any good to you!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    thanks spesh

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    There is no point in having a stainless dp as they never rust anyway - they get too hot. In fact the whole exhaust never rusts appart from the rear most hangers. The cat is not really a restriction unless you are running a remap, in which case there is a good arguement for fitting a race cat e.g. ferrita.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status

Thanks
    The cat is the most restrictive part of the exhaust, but simply whipping that out can give an unsightly check engine light, so getting a sports cat is another way of still passing your MOT whilst getting a few more BHP. they're not that cheap unfortunatley, but seem to be worth it. if your downpipe is not restrictive looking, which it probably isn't then i wouldn't recommend going to the added expense of stainless.

jacq.

jacq.
    Oderint, dum metuant.

1/4 mile: 13.8 @ 110.3mph, 2.5 60ft

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I think I will have a chat with a couple of suppliers & see if it is worth it, they are not cheap so I need to find out what extra bhp (if any) it will acheive....

This user has no status
    Thanks

Unhappy

Are you sure you have a 3" downpipe already?...cos i've been looking everywhere for a replacement sports highflow cat/downpipe and nobody has one or makes one, i was told that on the AWD a 3" won't fit because on the right hand drive model the steering column gets in the way the AWD down pipe is completely different from the FWD, the only option was to take mine off and use as a template to have one made. my local stealer only had a standard cat/downpipe and that was £600 + my exhaust was butchered by the previous owner and dont have a cat Let me know if you find one.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Mac go and See AAS in Newcastle, 0191 2673718 at the end of scottswood road and ask for stu.

They did my downpipe and have done other member cars on here and can fit race cats in if you want, adds about 10bhp without a re-amp and sounds nicer too. They used my C70 T5 as an experiment at the time by de-catting it but the car didnt like it!

Anyway their nice blokes and give a really good service, materials are much better than the likes of powerflow and they have experience of a number of T5's, mine had the same turbo fitted as yours so they will be used to it, oh and their good value!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    You should also try VT got a quote for mine and it was around £545+ vat for s/s down pipe and sports cat. Then to complete the system it was £290 + vat for s/s cat back.
    Greg. 35 Year old pair of legs...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by After_Shock
    Mac go and See AAS in Newcastle, 0191 2673718 at the end of scottswood road and ask for stu.

They did my downpipe and have done other member cars on here and can fit race cats in if you want, adds about 10bhp without a re-amp and sounds nicer too. They used my C70 T5 as an experiment at the time by de-catting it but the car didnt like it!

Anyway their nice blokes and give a really good service, materials are much better than the likes of powerflow and they have experience of a number of T5's, mine had the same turbo fitted as yours so they will be used to it, oh and their good value!

Cheers for that, I will check it out. Do you know how much you payed for it?

Mac

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigndaft
    Are you sure you have a 3" downpipe already?...cos i've been looking everywhere for a replacement sports highflow cat/downpipe and nobody has one or makes one, i was told that on the AWD a 3" won't fit because on the right hand drive model the steering column gets in the way the AWD down pipe is completely different from the FWD, the only option was to take mine off and use as a template to have one made. my local stealer only had a standard cat/downpipe and that was £600 + my exhaust was butchered by the previous owner and dont have a cat Let me know if you find one.
    Thats right mate, the AWD down pipe is different & it wont go on a right hand car, I will chase a couple of people local to me & let you know.

Mac

This user has no status

Thanks
    Im not sure what they will charge as it depends on how much the batch of cats has cost they have got in, probably be looking at £250 - 300ish fitted but dont quote me on it!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    phoned him today & he will do a custom stainless with sports cat for £280 inc vat & fitting

Mac

This user has no status

Thanks
    Pop along and see them, they use proper mandrel bending machines and the stainless is really high quality, had mine on about 8months and it turned a lovely blue/purple colour just a shame could never see it! Also their was no sign of rust anywhere on the downpipe and the supposedly stainless steel supersprint exhaust I had fitted the same time had rusted all the way along underneath!

....is making a comeback
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macV70R
    phoned him today & he will do a custom stainless with sports cat for £280 inc vat & fitting

Mac

FLIPPING ECK that is megga cheap cheap!!!!
    Do you know wat cat it is and how many sqaures per sqaure inch the cat is, as the standard T5 cat is 400 sps inch??????

Thread Information