Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

850 front speaker upgrade

One of the front door speakers in my 850 has gone a bit 'squelchy'. Can anyone recommend a decent upgrade for them (5.25 inch I assume). Not interested in subs etc and am using the original head unit just want something that sounds good, weighty and work well with the OEM stuff.
    Cheers

This user has no status

Thanks
    A 2001 Buell X1 Lightning now in sunny Tenerife and a Santa Cruz Superlight..yes I will get on it!
    Looking for a Honda Hornet CB600FS (fairing one in Blue) for the UK

This user has no status
    Thanks

i fitted alpine 3 ways into my doors,

This user has no status

Thanks

Front speakers!

I have some MB QUARTs i picked up on eBay and they are sitting in my garage waiting to go in when i can get some more for the back doors as well.Made in Germany and critically acclaimed worldwide it is worth looking for them.the USA/VOLVO forums seem to love them!! Cheers Les M.

This user has no status

Thanks
    t5 stealth - appreciate if you could let me know which model of Alpine 3-ways have been fitted into your front doors. I intend to do the same - mines a Volvo 855. Cheers!

This user has no status

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nobananas View Post
    One of the front door speakers in my 850 has gone a bit 'squelchy'. Can anyone recommend a decent upgrade for them (5.25 inch I assume). Not interested in subs etc and am using the original head unit just want something that sounds good, weighty and work well with the OEM stuff.
    Cheers
    Did you lot look at MB QUARTS ?? 5.25 " and made in Germany.. Now they are well rated kit... so look on eBay or your lcal pawn shop cause they are well built and last a long time. I have a set off Aussie eBay @ $50.00 and am yet to put in my 850R but am well impressed with them for they look great even second-hand and at that cost any re-furb [ if needed,like suspension ] will be much better value than new / similar cost.

Thread Information