Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

lowered the car 60/40

hey guys, been a bit busy yesterday. bought front FK shocks and 60mm springs from elliot, got 40mm FK springs from europerformance and rear sachs shocks, top and bottom mounts and the anti roll bar links from volvo tuning.
    so started with the car looking like this, threatening all manner of skyscrapers

set to work on it, completely mullered one of my knuckles but done the front end

couldn't manage with the back so cheated and went to my mechanic
    wierd thing is that the back is about the same height. maybe because the rear springs are brand new and need some time to settle?
    anyway haven't got pics of the back but it probably looks exactly the same as above.
    took it for a very short test and it feels supple but firm and drives together rather then two seperate ends(if that makes any sense).
    btw i know the car is desperate for a wash but i gotta go for a drive now........to work

this member hass no status
    Thanks
    looking good, it'll settle in a 'few' miles

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I like the front's height. It would be interesting if you take it for a thumping down a coutnry lane to see if it's on the bumpstops or not.
    Last edited by pzorb; Sunday 19th November 2006 at 18:38.
    Martin

2 strokes, 10 horse power and 8,000 miles. Read my story.
    Mongol by Minsk 2007: www.mongolbyminsk.com

This user has no status

Thanks
    When i had the springs and shocks on mine it sat a bit lower in the front than that.Maybe my estate has a heavier engine lol.My FK rear springs are alot lower than that in the rear very odd.They did'nt settle much either.Edited to say that i never had them rub on very hard cornering.

This user has no status

Thanks
    looks nice

This user has no status

Thanks
    thanks guys. odd that it was lower on your car though elliot
    i like it
    the rear was quite weird in its fitting, i'm just hoping my mechanic hasn't done anything wrong. he's not the sharpest tool in the box but he is cheap.
    i changed the rear bottom mounts for the springs as well and it seemed as if the thread didn't come as far down as it did before..
    sorry, just being paranoid out loud
    was hoping to take it for a proper drive but for whatever reason i had to bring the workhorse home

lovely car but i wanted to drive my car home damnit!!!!

Thread Information