Join Today

Thread: t5 r advice

This user has no status
    Thanks

t5 r advice

hey all i currently have a p reg t5 , so i know a little about the cars and have to say i have been very happy with the whole ovlov thing ,,,,,, however i,m looking into buying a t5r is there anything that i should be looking for when purchasing this car also do we have rough estimates on wot there values are ,, ie poor condititon ,, ok ,, too very good condition one,s any advice help much appreciated ,, thanx marky

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marky 76
    hey all i currently have a p reg t5 , so i know a little about the cars and have to say i have been very happy with the whole ovlov thing ,,,,,, however i,m looking into buying a t5r is there anything that i should be looking for when purchasing this car also do we have rough estimates on wot there values are ,, ie poor condititon ,, ok ,, too very good condition one,s any advice help much appreciated ,, thanx marky
    I'd stick with the T5!

Adam.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvotuning
    I'd stick with the T5!

Adam.
    please can you tell me the reasoning for this ?????? many thanx

This user has no status

Harlow, Essex. Drives : An 855 T-5R Gul. To Fit: PCV & 'Stage 0' bits, and a damn good servicing!
    Thanks
    Theres not much specificaly to look out for with the T-5R, check the condition of the front bumper as its easy to catch as well as the condition of the rims. Above that just check everything you would with a normal T5.

Prices can vary a great deal and to a certain extent, I'd like to think are affected by the colour. A guy on here was selling a yellow estate that needed a bit of work for around £3k which is the cheapest I've seen in that spec, with the most expensive I've seen up to £8! (tho no idea if anyone would actually buy one at that price!). Alternatively the olives and blacks may be available a little cheaper. Estates tend to be more in demand than 4 doors, and to a lesser extent, manuals over autos.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I have yellow, estate and manual if that floats your boat !!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arbee
    Theres not much specificaly to look out for with the T-5R, check the condition of the front bumper as its easy to catch as well as the condition of the rims. Above that just check everything you would with a normal T5.

Prices can vary a great deal and to a certain extent, I'd like to think are affected by the colour. A guy on here was selling a yellow estate that needed a bit of work for around £3k which is the cheapest I've seen in that spec, with the most expensive I've seen up to £8! (tho no idea if anyone would actually buy one at that price!). Alternatively the olives and blacks may be available a little cheaper. Estates tend to be more in demand than 4 doors, and to a lesser extent, manuals over autos.
    thanks for the reply ,,, ihave been tossing with the idea of the t5 r or a v70 r i just dont know which way to go i accept that if i go for the v70r i get a newer car but if i go with the yellow t5r i will forfil my child hood fantasy of owning one of these cars .... ahh wot to do

This user has no status

Harlow, Essex. Drives : An 855 T-5R Gul. To Fit: PCV & 'Stage 0' bits, and a damn good servicing!
    Thanks
    To be honest, I think if I needed an everyday car i would forego the yellow 850 and go for a newer (more refined) v70R, however for me, the 850 is our second car and only used on occasson so its more elderly staus doesnt worry me!

Similar to how you may be feeling, at the time I felt I just HAD to have a yellow estate despite being able to pick up a newer v70R (or a much newer V70 T5) for the same money! It makes me smile whenever I get in it and go for a drive

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hummm this is the tuff one as it is only to transport my monkeybike and generally just a weekend toy so not a daily runaround as i have the work van ,, if you like just looking for advice on which would be the better buy ?????

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The yellow ones do attract attention and unlike arbee my wife uses hers everyday, it has been totally reliable but i am probably more aware of making more checks than normal than i would of a newer car but I have to agree with arbee in that everytime i get in it and drive it , it makes me smile ..just something about it !!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Banana
    The yellow ones do attract attention and unlike arbee my wife uses hers everyday, it has been totally reliable but i am probably more aware of making more checks than normal than i would of a newer car but I have to agree with arbee in that everytime i get in it and drive it , it makes me smile ..just something about it !!

pm sent

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marky 76
    please can you tell me the reasoning for this ?????? many thanx
    Just that a well spec'ed T5 is the same as a T5R.

Adam.

This user has no status
    Thanks

Adam.
    ok did,nt know if theres was a particular reason or not,,,,, thanx

This user has no status

Thanks

Adam.
    my head agrees with that totally - just my heart says otherwise

Thread Information