Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Exclamation 850 t5 engine poping/birefireing thew rev range)

just when i thought it were runing great ,now another prob as struck me lol,,,
    right it seemed after runing renewing fuel pipes,cleaning all injectors and fuel rail, and double cleaning tank, it starts runs runs great but ,when its boosting thew the rev range its started poping (like back fires from the rear),boost flys up around 0.8bar then drops to 0.5bar when this poping occurrs ,anyone any ideas
    must have renewd every vac pipe,
    plugs,roter,dizzy
    new fuel lines
    and changed fuel pump

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by powernut
    right it seemed after runing renewing fuel pipes,cleaning all injectors and fuel rail, and double cleaning tank, it starts runs runs great but ,when its boosting thew the rev range its started poping (like back fires from the rear),boost flys up around 0.8bar then drops to 0.5bar when this poping occurrs ,anyone any ideas
    plugs,roter,dizzy
    new fuel lines
    and changed fuel pump
    Check the fuel pressure.

Adam.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    anyone close to doncaster who could check it adam ,as the fuel pipe bulge with pressure and changed the fuel pump and cleaned injectors ,im fed up one day when its runing right i might get to have it dymno tested(one day that is)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    plugs,roter,dizzy
    new fuel lines
    and changed fuel pump
    i would also check your spark plug gap

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Does it rev thro the range at standstill without "missing" or only whilst driving,P.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullyp
    Does it rev thro the range at standstill without "missing" or only whilst driving,P.
    it starts and revs great and pulls well until it boosts into the rev range then as the engine back fires out off the exhurst?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i can drive up hills with part of the turbo boost been used (new plugs and cap has been fitted as well )i can floor the car and goes well untill high revs and boost is only reaches 0.6barr ,theres no boost leaks and all vac pipes have been renewed ,im thinking of trying another set of injectors ?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Also something to think about. Is the coil breaking down trying to fire the spark under high boost ?

Pookie

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Unlikely to be a coil prob, if it was a Ford I would suggest fuel mix, however,, there may STILL be air getting in somewhere, sounds similiar to "backfire thro the carbs",P.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Check Main Pipe On To Turbo Is Fully Connected All Round And Not "kinked",p.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    all pipe boost and vac pipes are fine /tryed coil good idea,but hasnt changed mutch so im after a set of injectors or fuel rail to try? ive noticed that it trys to pull thew the rev range with it back fireing under boost ,changed leads/plugs as well,thisthing ought to run like a sewing machaine lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    all pipe boost and vac pipes are fine /tryed coil good idea,but hasnt changed mutch so im after a set of injectors or fuel rail to try? ive noticed that it trys to pull thew the rev range with it back fireing under boost ,changed leads/plugs as well,thisthing ought to run like a sewing machaine lol
    I'd look at the last thing you changed, especially given that you are using a non-standard fuel pump.

Adam.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvotuning
    I'd look at the last thing you changed, especially given that you are using a non-standard fuel pump.

Adam.
    hi adam ive not fitted the new fuel yet ,still useing the std t5 pump ,and fitted a big inline fuel filter as i did find bits of rust in the tops off the injectors?(will a s70 t5 fuel rail fit/same type of injectors adam ,

This user has no status

Thanks
    I found your next project here powernut, when you resolve the problem, what can you do with this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mig-21-JET-ENG...QQcmdZViewItem
    A 2001 Buell X1 Lightning now in sunny Tenerife and a Santa Cruz Superlight..yes I will get on it!
    Looking for a Honda Hornet CB600FS (fairing one in Blue) for the UK

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hi adam ive not fitted the new fuel yet ,still useing the std t5 pump ,and fitted a big inline fuel filter as i did find bits of rust in the tops off the injectors?(will a s70 t5 fuel rail fit/same type of injectors adam ,
    Personally, if it was me and my project car and I wanted it to run as well as possible, I would replace all the old components for new ones, including all the sensors too.

But I can't really suggest what to do because I haven't seen the car. The best thing you can do is invest in a decent AFR gauge. You can already measure boost, but you have no idea what the fueling is. The ignition in the software is ok, and assuming that the hardware is fine, then the ignition is ok. So all you need is an AFR gauge and then you can find out where the problem is. Otherwise you are just guessing.

I can supply you a datalogging wideband afr system for £408.90 inc VAT. It can also measure other stuff and has programmable relay outputs too.

Adam.
    Last edited by volvotuning; Friday 17th November 2006 at 11:53.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    checked fuel pressure 2day and shows 32psi with igition on

and when i rev engine it rises in fuel pressure any ideas /or shud it rise in pressure,
    mmm jet engine i can adapt something for it , lol but i dont think ill be able to drive it road leagal matey,
    adam everything has about bin changed
    e.g plugs/leads/roter/cap/fuel pump /lines vac pipes bcvalve
    no faults showing
    the plugs look browny colourd on the electrode

Thread Information