Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts

rear lights

Hi,

As the dark nights are here I thought I would check the all the lights.I noticed that I only had 1 fog light on the drivers side, is this right ?
    with the aid of a piece of wire I now have a fog light on each side.

The top side lights are double filament bulb but only the 5w filament is used, does anyone know what the the 21w filament is used for ?

Thanks

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

Need to sell the car swimbo
    says so
    Thanks
    The fog light malarky is correct volvo in its wisdom decided that one fog light would beenough as thats all the law requires you to have although i believe you can make the other one work as well but i think there is a small piece of metal missing that supplys power to the bulb itself

Cheers

stuart
    Stuart

P2 V70 T5 in explod white running 17 " orpheus alloys , full leather interior , HU 803 with prologic amp

This user has no status
    Thanks
    On mine the light unit had a small peice of moulded plastic where the bulb goes thru that snapped off, stuck a bulb in and wha hay two fog lights!!!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    One to look at this weekend.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    t5owner I sent you a pm mate, oh and i have only one fog light on rear on c70 aswell.
    Bubba

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    I got hold of a drivers side lower bulb holder and it fits into the passengers side, I now have fog lights on both sides.

The top side lights are double filament bulb but only the 5w filament is used, does anyone know what the the 21w filament is used for ?

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

This user has no status

Thanks

jumper cable

I soldered a jumper across the missing strip as in another thread on VOC I believe.
    With using a R/H bulb holder check for fit.
    On my car there are moulded pegs on the R/H bulb holder to prevent fitment on the wrong side.
    Cut these off and 'Viola' it fits in the L/H position.

Thread Information