Join Today

Thread: which rica ?

This user has no status
    Thanks

which rica ?

hi got my 850 booked in at vt on wednesday for a remap.not sure which to go for .the car has 125k on it but is in very good condition.any suggestions ?

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Speak to Hamish or Adam when you come on Wednesday after they have seen your car - they will be able to advise the best route for you.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Looks like an answer

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If you always have 98 octane available get the full fat.
    Martin

2 strokes, 10 horse power and 8,000 miles. Read my story.
    Mongol by Minsk 2007: www.mongolbyminsk.com

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I recently had mine done, and before hand pondered over the very same. I ended up going for the higher option but you have to bear in mind the extra associated running costs, 98 RON fuel is on average about 7p per litre more expensive than ordinary 95 RON fuel. If you do a lot of miles this will really add up.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    only gets used at weekends now ,just a toy really.is that the only difference,running on normal 95 or 98ron

This user has no status
    Thanks
    am i correct in thinkin you dont have to use the more expensive fuel,, you can still use the cheaper one, just wont perform as well on cheaper????

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by storm-troll
    am i correct in thinkin you dont have to use the more expensive fuel,, you can still use the cheaper one, just wont perform as well on cheaper????
    The way I understand some of these remaps (Not RICA just from speaking to other people) is that the ECU should adjust timing etc to avoid knock, but it's more of a case of "If you can't find 98 RON you can use 95 to get you where you are going, just don't give it too much on the way".

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's only what I've been told.
    Wayne

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I believe the bigger map is only designed to run on 98 or higher.At the moment the v power fuel which is 99 is just as cheap as the normal stuff.I have two cars that only run on 98 and havent found it a problem yet

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi.
    As far as I am aware, you can use 95 ron on the 'full fat' map, you should just avoid any WOT or high load situations.
    In other words, 95 is fine if that is all you can get, just do not drive hard afterwards.
    Cheers,
    Dan.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Have you got an Auto or Manual? If you have an auto like mine, I would go for the 280 map as the extra 24bhp will get lost in the transmission as opposed to the gain in torque plus the extra heat in the engine /gearbox and aircon if you have it would suggest an annual change in coolant if you drive like I do! Hunt down an 87°C thermotstat as well if you thrash it regularly.

If you have a manual, I would have thought you could enjoy all 304 horses and all the torque, and you would notice the difference more.

If you have TRACS, that will just eat at brake discs/pads with the 304 map. Mine hasn't got TRACS so it eats front left tyres, and ATF changes colour now and again , so needs to be flushed with the ATF. I have the 304 map and sometimes I wish I had just had the 280 map, just for those damp mornings when the front tyre spools up with the turbo!

standard- 225 bhp 300nm torque 95 or 98 RON octane
    280 map - 280bhp 405nm torque 95 or 98 RON octane
    304 map - 304bhp 430nm torque 98 Octane or above (95 to get to the next garage!)

The choice is yours and does depend on the miles you do v super unleaded, and how good you are at catching tapes with your left hand every time you boot it away from the lights against some oik in a corsa!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    thanks for yor advise everyone i will post my resuls later in the week when i have had it done.

This user has no status

Thanks
    A couple of weeks ago I was with some of my US mates who are performance freaks--AMG Benz and Ferrari, mostly.
    They were of a mind that standard fuel was OK, except for MPG. All the rest is a myth, they said. On the other hand, gas is so cheap that perhaps their supermarket fuel is better than ours.
    Larry

Thread Information