Join Today

Thread: DE-CAT Pipe

This user has no status

Thanks

Turbo DE-CAT Pipe

Hi all,
    A friend has told me about the difference a de-cat pipe (for the turbo) made to his RS Focus and recons its one of the best power to pound mods to do. Got me thinking if they are available for my S60 T5. Does any one know where to get them or who to talk to?
    Any ideas will be gratefully recieved.
    Last edited by tangomike24; Wednesday 18th October 2006 at 18:18.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i believe that blueflame can do custom 1's and off the shelf stuff if you own a bentley lotus westfield or tvr!!!! a friend of mine had a 100cell race cat from them for his seat cupra r and it was still legal for mots, maybe worth thinking about http://www.blueflameperformance.com/
    S40 T4 1.9 Turbo

Mods Done
    VT brake upgrade (Brembo disks & Ferodo DS2500 pads)
    ITG Pro Filter (from VT)
    BSR Cat-back exhaust (from VT)
    Volvo Strut Brace (from VT)
    Auto Gauge boost gauge & pillar pod
    Black light Bezels and Indicators
    Chrome Mesh Grille with T4 Badge

To do
    Smoked Marker lights
    BSR Down pipe & 200 cell sports cat
    VT suspention upgrage
    Forge Atmos DV conversion
    RICA

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers dude, just to clarify as didnt in my origional post, i am talking about the De-cat exit pipe for the turbo.

Chris

This user has no status

Thanks
    not sure if u can run the s60 with no cats sure it plays up was thinking the same thing for my car but looking in to sports cat now
    volvo v50 d5

This user has no status

Thanks
    I am useless with this sort of stuff. If you find a decent race/sports cat at a decent price please let me know. My mate with the RS says my s60 will be mad with a decat and RICA. Here's hoping.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tangomike24
    I am useless with this sort of stuff. If you find a decent race/sports cat at a decent price please let me know. My mate with the RS says my s60 will be mad with a decat and RICA. Here's hoping.
    Hi,

The ME7 T5s (like yours) will not thank you for removing the CAT and will very quickly put the car into 'limp home' or 'safe' mode. This means the ecu is setting the ignition and boost in reduced performance ! If you want better performance not ideal !
    Far better to use a 3" downpipe and sport cat. Previously these have been rather expensive for the S60 in the U.K. However next week I should have the first run of our custom 'Volvotuning' 3" downpipes with 200cell sports cats. These are exclusive to us and we can sell them to you at a very special price !

P.M. sent.

Regards,
    Hamish.

www.volvotuninguk.com

This user has no status

Thanks
    thats what im watting for the new down pipe u have pm hamish.
    volvo v50 d5

This user has no status

Thanks
    When you get the down pipe skoob, let me know what its like please.

TM24

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby555
    thats what im watting for the new down pipe u have pm hamish.
    Sorry,
    Pm now resent.

Regards,
    Hamish.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hello,

currently i'm running a 3" downpipe with no cat, which throws the "emission system service required" code on my dash once in a while. i'm quite sure the performance of the car is not reduced when that error code comes up, because from my butt dyno, it doesn't feel reduced at all. i'm boosting as much as i should (around 1.2 bar) and the car pulls just fine like always. also in order to be sure, i've tested it on a dyno with the error code on and off and seen that the power & torque results didn't change at all. so no limp mode or anything like that on my car, yet

there are ways to fool that second oxygen sensor, one of which is to pull the sensor half-back out of the pipe so that it's not in the main stream of exhaust gas running through, or extending its cable and displacing the sensor further towards the back of the exhaust and so on. but of course none of these ways are 100% sure and as i said, the annoying code keeps coming up every once in a while...

IMHO, one of the best things you'll do for your turbo is a larger downpipe and a race cat (or maybe even no cat).
    Serdar
    2001 S60 T5 GearTronic - JR filter - 3" downpipe - no cat - custom superchip @ 17.5 psi

Thread Information