Join Today

Thread: brake up grade

BIG STUPID GRIN
    Thanks

Talking brake up grade

hi i have the 855r with standard discs(nutter i know), anyway have now got a 302mm conversion for it dose anyone have the part numbers for the longer v70 hoses that i need to fit this kit, also will the 305mm discs fit this kit thanks ajc106

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ajc106 View Post
    hi i have the 855r with standard discs(nutter i know), anyway have now got a 302mm conversion for it dose anyone have the part numbers for the longer v70 hoses that i need to fit this kit, also will the 305mm discs fit this kit thanks ajc106
    For the 302mm kit you don“t need longer hoses

And no,305 mm discs will not fit.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo_Santos View Post
    For the 302mm kit you don“t need longer hoses
    Really. And why then do Volvo manufacture the longer hoses? Please don't tell me you advocate the Jod method of using an anglegrinder to cut stuff away so that the shorter hoses reach? Or that you suggest bending the hardpipes so they reach?

What on earth is the point in taking any chances with a cars brakes?

I think it's part number 9191400. However, why not go stainless whilst you're doing it?
    Last edited by Wombatbomb; Tuesday 15th July 2008 at 20:18.

In the R club again!!

Thanks
    I just fitted a 302 conversion on my R and the origional hores are long enough on mine. i am also fitting a set of goodrige braided hoses tomorrow if all goes to plan.
    Dob

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    I fitted 302's to my last T5 and although I bought the longer hoses I never fitted them, the ones already on the car where exactly the same length.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

Nothing else to add

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hiya,

when I changed from 280mm to 302mm discs on my 850R I also swapped to Goodridge braided hoses but the shorter 15" wheels ones. I found the hose was pulling a bit too strained around the suspension strut at full lock. I replaced them with the Goodridge hoses for the 16"+ wheels and now there's enough slack.

No idea but maybe it's something to do with me having Koni shockers, perhaps they're a bigger diameter?

Looking here:

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=3976

you want Volvo part number 9191400 for the longer brake hoses, but beware that number might have been superseded if the PFV info is out of date.

HTH, Pete
    Last edited by dooby; Wednesday 16th July 2008 at 00:29.
    '97MY black 855R manual M56H
    Porsche/S60R BBK, 17"x8J Pegasus, RIP, Samco coolant & vac, Koni SSK/Nivo, Simota, 15G angle flange, IPD turbo back & HT, MSD coil, chipped, dimming mirror, Goodridge hoses, DOT5.1, V70 rear lights & handles, poly top bush & A arms & tie bar, strut brace, clear repeaters, 6k HID, catch tank, 2x rear brace

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    I fitted 302's to my last T5 and although I bought the longer hoses I never fitted them, the ones already on the car where exactly the same length.
    So it already had the longer hoses fitted?

This user has no status

Thanks
    And so the circle continues

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loadsamiles View Post
    So it already had the longer hoses fitted?
    It had pipes that where already long enough...wether they had been replaced by someone else or they where like that oem I don't know, I think though that it's about damn time we found out don't you?.

If anyone has recently bought a set of new 'Longer' rubber pipes to go with 302's can you let me know please so we can find out how long they are?. In fact I will be upgrading mine soon so I will measure mine when I come to fit them.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I had to replace a set of 302's on a customers car recently and the parts supplier sent both 302's and 305's so I had to give it a try. The 305's will just fit but you may have to shim the carrier away from the hub just a little to clear and also may have to file a little away from the area of the carrier that the disc passes through as it is a little close. You won't however gain anything from fitting the 305's unless you can fit pads with a larger surface area the the standards as all you'll end up with is a band around the outside oof the 305 discs that isn't swept by the pad. I am slowly narrowing down a set of larger pads sourced from a different make completely, will post what I find when I get time !

Singing in the rain!
    Thanks
    I agree with nobananananas!
    "I am never wrong! Just in a position to learn something new!"
    Mods so far, HLM ReMap, Goodridge brake lines, Eibach springs lowering 35mm, K&N57i filter with cold air, Strut brace, Shark fin aerial, Boost guage
    YES IT'S A DIESEL
    Wish list, BOV, 18" rims, Struts, Stainless exhaust, Injector Upgrade, MORE POWER!

BIG STUPID GRIN
    Thanks

Talking

thanks for the info will just get the longer hoses and fit the 302mm

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombatbomb View Post
    Please don't tell me you advocate the Jod method of using an anglegrinder to cut stuff away so that the shorter hoses reach? Or that you suggest bending the hardpipes so they reach?
    LMAO, Hello James...
    Just to clarify, the grinder was to remove a small skim off a small part of the caliper...

The rigid lines securing bracket can be bent a fraction too, which allows the flexipipe to be loose during the complete suspension cycle even at full lock...
    I have no qualms about the security of the braking system despite Tims opinions...
    cheers
    jod
    855 rica 304bhp, Adjusted Wastegate, Bleed Valve, ITG Panel Filter, 171k fsh, Volvo Strutt Brace, Polybush Topmount , 4mm Samco Vacuum Hoses, 10 Core "Racing" Ht Leads, 302mm Volvo Discs under 16" Columba Alloys, Performance DS2500 Fronts Red Stuff Rears, Drillled Airbox, 5w/40 Oil Changed @ 5k intervals,

764 B230ET 108k FVSH No mods yet...Planning underway.....

Dum Spiro Spero

VOC 850/70 Register Keeper
    VOC 20419

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jod T5 View Post
    LMAO, Hello James...
    Just to clarify, the grinder was to remove a small skim off a small part of the caliper...

The rigid lines securing bracket can be bent a fraction too, which allows the flexipipe to be loose during the complete suspension cycle even at full lock...
    I have no qualms about the security of the braking system despite Tims opinions...
    cheers
    jod
    Weekend tuner!!...........
    Engineer

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Weekend tuner!!...........
    Oi Cheeky.....
    Cheers
    Jod
    855 rica 304bhp, Adjusted Wastegate, Bleed Valve, ITG Panel Filter, 171k fsh, Volvo Strutt Brace, Polybush Topmount , 4mm Samco Vacuum Hoses, 10 Core "Racing" Ht Leads, 302mm Volvo Discs under 16" Columba Alloys, Performance DS2500 Fronts Red Stuff Rears, Drillled Airbox, 5w/40 Oil Changed @ 5k intervals,

764 B230ET 108k FVSH No mods yet...Planning underway.....

Dum Spiro Spero

VOC 850/70 Register Keeper
    VOC 20419

Thread Information