Thread: Petrol...?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
    Three letters guys

LPG

22/23 mpg at 85 at 51p/litre

(V70 2.3 T5 engined auto)
    I am considering converting to LPG, is yours the P2 2.3 T5 or the old P1? and how much did the conversion cost?

Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks
    It's not just the fuel - had my rear wheels retracked a month ago - getting 2 mpg better now!

P2 2.3 T5(manual)STD 33.4mpg ave speed 36mph - can't go faster round here!

cruising along on the crest of
    a 70...

Thanks
    Mines a P1

Should cost you ~ £1800-£2K for a decent kit, I would recommend Prins, others on here have BRC. With the rising cost of petrol payback is ~ 25K miles. This is my 3rd LPG vehicle( which I have had done) after a Alfa 155 twin spark and a Saab 9000. The 'standard' toroidal tank for a V70 P1 is only 60-odd litres, on mine I was happy for them to use a heavy foot to slightly reshape the front of the well and I got a 77 litre tank in with the boot floor raised 1". They only fill to 80% full and I get ~300 miles range from my full tank of gas. I still have teh full sized Petrol tank as well should I feel the urge to.

When it comes to sourcing fuel, "petrol stations" are the most expensive places, Calor outlets and farm shops are usually the cheapest. Some even run account services so its easier to budget.

The last two conversions were done by Motorgasconversions of Accrington(http://www.motorgasconversions.com/) who have been doing LPG for about 10 yeras now and are VERY good at their job. Speak to Simon if you want to ring them up. They won't bull you and would rather tell you up front if they believe there are any issues.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Gday T5OWNER ! Hvent seen you on here for ages and i always get a laugh from you avatar!! Now i use 98 ron that has 10% ethanol and my 850R loves it , usually when i HAVE to put Shnail Vpower in it uses more fuel...if i use MOBIL 98 which i get from the servo over the road from the refinery [fresh] it goes hard and uses less fule compared to SCHNEL 98. So find the servo that sells the fuel your car feels good with and if you were me you dont like SHNAIL/SCHNELL,,,whatever...

Thread Information