Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Seat belt Jammed

Rear seat belt on X reg. V70 T5 jammed in the wound in position. Have managed to peal back the padding on the seat and reveals some sort of electrical control on the belt. Any idea what this is and if it could be jamming the belt tight somehow and how to free it up? Any advice appreciated as it has gone so tight can't even lift the seat into upright position now!

Thanks,
    Mark
    Mark
    NW Wales
    2008 V70 D5

This user has no status
    Thanks
    STOP!

It's because the seat is folded down that its locked. Try releasing the belt and putting the seat up. It should now retract.

There is a very smart wee piece of hanging plastic inside the unit which when the seat is in any position but upright locks it. Think this is also responsible for when a crash happens it swings forward due to continual motion and locks. Dont go poking around in there if you dont have to yet!

This user has no status

Thanks
    I had exactly the same problem last week and i too ended up stripping the seat apart to try and free the belt.

After an hour of stripping and breaking a couple of clips, i found the best method for freeing the belt is to unbolt the seat belt from the floor.

Lift the lower part of the seat, fold down the back of the seat and pull off the side part of the seat that does not fold and use a 15mm socket i think to undo the belt.

One freed, the belt will unlock itself.

After putting the seat back together and rebolting, the damm thing jammed again. So agian i had to unbolt it.

I think one of the plastic rivets that stop the belt retracting to much has gone missing, so to avoid the issue again.

The next time you have to lower the seats, fasten the seat belts first, then when you return the seats to normal the belt will be locked but when you release the buckle they will return to normal.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Great help Guys, Thanks. I'll try those things this morning and report back.
    T5-ones, how do you mean 'releasing the belt', it is jammed, that's the problem?! Maybe I missed something?
    Nurvware, Problem did occur after lowering the seat back, so at least we're on the right track. I'll try the unbolting - sounds like a low tech approach, and buy a bulldog clip maybe if it happens again.
    Cheers,
    Mark
    Mark
    NW Wales
    2008 V70 D5

This user has no status

Thanks
    All done, thanks. Same as you, freed it then it jammed again! Will have to put a clip on it.
    Cheers
    Mark
    NW Wales
    2008 V70 D5

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T-5ones
    STOP!

It's because the seat is folded down that its locked. Try releasing the belt and putting the seat up. It should now retract.

There is a very smart wee piece of hanging plastic inside the unit which when the seat is in any position but upright locks it. Think this is also responsible for when a crash happens it swings forward due to continual motion and locks. Dont go poking around in there if you dont have to yet!

Once the seat is unlocked and lowered, the seat belts become locked. but with the problem is, the more you lower the seat the more the belt winds in and contiues to lock until the seat is on the floor and belt is as tight as can be.

The only to unlock it is the above method.

Then every time you lower the seats, you need to ensure you fasten the belts first.

Thread Information