Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Powerflow Exhaust Fitted!

Looks wicked!

and my Pipercross Induction Kit!
    S60 T5 SE Metallic Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Aluminium Mesh Trim, Heico Alloy Door Pins, Heico Stainless Steel Sill Covers, Heico Black Mesh Grille, Heico Boot Decal, Genuine Volvo Boot Spoiler, Koni FSD Dampers, Eibach Springs, BSR Stage 1 PPC, Pipercross Induction Kit, Powerflow Twin Oval outlet exhaust system, Powerflex Polyurethane Top Engine Mounts & Front Wishbone Bushes, Osram Silverstars, Phillips Silvervision Indicator Bulbs, Thor 17" Alloys in Dark Anthracite.

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Not sure about the intake but the exhaust looks tops.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cheers Andrew!

The intake sounds fantastic, it makes a great noise when the car dumps the boost and you can just about hear the Turbo whistling now as well!
    S60 T5 SE Metallic Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Aluminium Mesh Trim, Heico Alloy Door Pins, Heico Stainless Steel Sill Covers, Heico Black Mesh Grille, Heico Boot Decal, Genuine Volvo Boot Spoiler, Koni FSD Dampers, Eibach Springs, BSR Stage 1 PPC, Pipercross Induction Kit, Powerflow Twin Oval outlet exhaust system, Powerflex Polyurethane Top Engine Mounts & Front Wishbone Bushes, Osram Silverstars, Phillips Silvervision Indicator Bulbs, Thor 17" Alloys in Dark Anthracite.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The tail pipes look ace mate

http://www.terrabear-newfoundlands.co.uk/
    You always come back to what you know !!!
    13.8@ 103mph fastest forum 850 in 2010 Running 286bhp(former owner)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Cheers Andrew!

The intake sounds fantastic, it makes a great noise when the car dumps the boost and you can just about hear the Turbo whistling now as well!
    That noise will wear thin after a while hehe!They exhaust looks great.Did you notice much improvement in performance?Whats the pipe dia?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The pipes look cool but ooooohhhhh the hot air into that filter!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    TBH I think the throttle reponse has got better since I fitted the Induction Kit. By taking the airbox out it leaves a gaping big hole down to the road, so there is loads more air getting in and the snorkel on the standard airbox is tiny.
    Last edited by Simon; Thursday 28th September 2006 at 16:11.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elliot
    That noise will wear thin after a while hehe!They exhaust looks great.Did you notice much improvement in performance?Whats the pipe dia?
    The noise isn't that loud, it's nice but subtle.

Only done about 5 miles in it, so I will let you know. Can't imagine it is going to make any noticeable difference. It's 2.5" CAT back system.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    The noise isn't that loud, it's nice but subtle.

TBH I think the throttle reponse has got better since I fitted the Induction Kit. By taking the airbox out it leaves a gaping big hole down to the road, so there is loads more air getting in and the snorkel on the standard airbox is tiny.
    Air doesn't primarily come into the engine bay from underneath though... The Cold air is pushed into the engine bay from the front (obviously) which is why Volvo fitted an intake pipe there (no matter how big it is).

I'm not trying to criticise your work its each to there own but i've always wondered about Induction kits. Yeah they sound great and give a bit extra throttle response but its surely open to more hot air which is being swirled around the engine bay rather than a direct jet of coolish air into the air box.

Who knows, i'm no scientist lol.

Andy

p.s. Still stands... the exhaust looks wicked
    Last edited by Andy; Thursday 28th September 2006 at 16:19.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'm not gay or anything but nice pipes, woof!

1995 850 T5, Auto

MODS
    17" tethys
    BSR Induction kit
    Reverse IC
    Strutt brace
    Poly topmount
    Poly LCA bushes
    302mm Brake conversion
    Braided hoses

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ignore the naysayers

This user has no status

Thanks
    nice motor but i think the bootspoilers letting it down now you need the touring car one on.

so you might aswell sell me yours
    PHASE 2 S40 T4
    S60 D5 :
    2002 S60 2.4T
    OCTAVIA VRS
    2006 S40 SPORT SE

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cold air induction

Nice!

Simon, I have the same pipercross air filter, i did not oil mine though!! I get the same whoosh when I release the throttle

I also had a powerflow custom exhaust fitted and am thinking about having the volume increased (slightly).

To solve the cold air problem I'm considering building a custom induction housing sealing the air filter (see below link) after repositioning & replacing the stock battery:

http://www.quickbrickmotorsports.com/tech_diycai.html
    "Say Hello to my Little Friend!"

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks and nice job on the intake!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I think the powerflow looks the dog's......and am now thinking about one for ma S40 soon
    Volvo V40 T4 Sport

Thread Information