Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Tracking / Steering

Morning all,

for the last 2 years (since i have owned my 854 t5) my steering wheel has always been slightly off-centre.

Had the car tracked on 4 different occasions at 4 different places and every time the tracking was spot on.

Anyway just had to get some new tyres, had all four changed at the same time, and the fitter must have changed the wheels around unknowingly, and now my tracking is spot on and my steering wheel is dead centre.

How wierd, does that mean that I had a dodgy alloy on the front which is now on the back? Has anyone else had a similar thing happen to them?

Anyway I'm chuffed the car is now as it should be, but it will take me a while to get used to the steering wheel being straight...

Rob

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If this is the first time you have had new tyres it's more likely a mis-match of tyres on the front that was causing a drag to one side. Used to have this on a previous car I owned and had changed just about ever steering component subject to wear without it making any difference. It only went away when I replaced the front tyres !

Thread Information