Join Today

Thread: silicone hoses

This user has no status

Thanks

silicone hoses

hi, i was looking over the small turbo/vacuum hoses today and noticed that some were perished and cracked, i didnt remove any so wondered if anyone can tell me what size id they are so that i can replace them with silicone pipe. are all of the small ones the same size or will i need to get different sizes to do them all. i dont want to take any off untill i had some to replace them just in case i broke or split one. there are sellers on ebay with tubing forsale by the meter but if anyone knows of anywhere i can get hose at a good price then i would be grateful for any suggestions.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Most of it you can use 4MM ID and the possibility that 6MM is better suited to a few connections.

Unless you're really sure that eBay stuff is Samco or SFS, I'd buy it from a reputable source as you don't want the potential of cheaper, lower quality piping collapsing in use.

You also need to do the real pain in the butt connection on the end of the inlet manifold if you want to do a thorough job.

This user has no status

Thanks
    thanks, the pain connectionis that the one that runs under the manifold to the cambelt end?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yes, you can see it if you peer between the alternator/power steering pump and the end of the manifold. It runs from there to the PCV heater on the air intake pipe of the turbo.

this member hass no status
    Thanks
    if you are tempted to use silicone for the complete pcv system, maybe bear in mind that silicone should not be used for fuel/oil. it breaks down over time.

This user has no status

Thanks
    no i was just thinking of doing the vacuum and pressure hoses related to the turbo and manifold as the ones on the car dont look as though they have been changed from when the car was new. how long should they last? and i have seen these forsale

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MakeTrack=true

do they look alright or can i get better for the money. any more help would be great.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ive just changed some of mine but ran out of 4mm,theres miles on there going all over the place.id buy about 2 metres of 4mm and 1metre of 6mm.
    MONDEO SPORTS FABRICATIONS

Volvo S40 T4 CD Phase 1.
    eibachs,td04-16g(mapped),apexi custom induction,twin custom powerflow,100 cell race cat,twin cold feed,cold fan,17" polished rims
    blitz custom boost gauge,twin piston bov,modified mk3 golf gti alloy upper strut,loadsa uprated silicone hoses,
    millers cfs triple ester 10w/60.BLA BLA BLA..
    gagging for rear end polybushing as its £££££e.

This user has no status

Thanks
    thanks wotty, i probably would have only bought 4mm.

Thread Information