Join Today

Thread: Tyre sizes

This user has no status

Thanks

Question Tyre sizes

Can anyone tell me if 225x45x17's fitted to Titans on the front of a V70 will catch on full lock ? At the moment it's fitted with 215's front (they don't) and 225's rear and I'd like the same all round.

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I think they do if i recall, but how often are u on full lock, however i'd just leave it as it is mate.

Scottish bloke
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    My plastic inner wing is like a tea bag thanx to 225/45/17 tyres, 215s dont rub at all

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks boys,
    I know 16" Columba's with 225's rub (used to have them fitted) but wondered if the offset was different on the Titans. Guess not from your reply Fraz - yours are Titans aren't they?
    TDS- Use full lock a lot where I live unfortunately.....in the depths of darkest Cumbria

Scottish bloke
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    No mate, Dont know what wheels they are tbh as they were on the car when a bought it, Think the idea was that they look like them tho My offset could be wrong but am not the only one thats had problems with tyres that size, although Pedro runs 235 on 18" rims with no rubbing

This user has no status
    Thanks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Can anyone tell me if 225x45x17's fitted to Titans on the front of a V70 will catch on full lock ? At the moment it's fitted with 215's front (they don't) and 225's rear and I'd like the same all round.
    Why do you want 225s there is no more grip to be had over 215s just causing yourself problems you dont need and 225s are not as common as 215s therefore are more expensive
    850T5-96-CD-AUTO-SALOON-mbc-drilled airbox-d/v-cbv removed and blanked off-acc rod 3 turns-21psi boost-std ecu(for now) K+N panel filter-1/4 ml times (waiting to get a time) "HELLO"from"RICH"

This user has no status

Thanks
    Because I know where there are two (cheap) which will match the pair that are already fitted to the back (they were on the wheels when I bought them).
    As I said, the 16x225's on Columbas used to catch on both ends (when going over a bump on the rears) but don't rub (on the rear) now it's fitted with Titans.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rich850t5
    Why do you want 225s there is no more grip to be had over 215s just causing yourself problems you dont need and 225s are not as common as 215s therefore are more expensive
    Rich i think you will find there is a lot more grip,Mine car is totally transformed since going from 215/40s to 235/40s hardly any wheelspin at all now in the wet or the dry
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by siamblue
    Rich i think you will find there is a lot more grip,Mine car is totally transformed since going from 215/40s to 235/40s hardly any wheelspin at all now in the wet or the dry
    Have you had these fitted since avon?
    850T5-96-CD-AUTO-SALOON-mbc-drilled airbox-d/v-cbv removed and blanked off-acc rod 3 turns-21psi boost-std ecu(for now) K+N panel filter-1/4 ml times (waiting to get a time) "HELLO"from"RICH"

This user has no status

Thanks

Smile Volvo Steering Gear Spacers

Stop the horrible rubbing noise on full lock!

I found Volvo sell genuine spacers that (according to them) 'must be fitted at each end of the steering gear if the car is equipped with 16" or 17" wheels, and with tyres of 205mm or more in width, to avoid contact between the tyres and body at full wheel lock'.
    Easy to fit, they go under each end the rack rubber boots, pressing against the inner balljoint. (you don't have to undo the joints, just pull the rubber boot back, warm the plastic spacers in hot water (they are split and slip over the steering rods) refit the rubber boots and fasten with the clips supplied in the kit (or plastic tie wraps which are easier to fit))
    They increase the turning circle slightly by about 0.3 to 0.5 metres, (barely noticeable). The Volvo part number is 271800-5 and they only cost about a fiver!! (About the cheapest thing I've ever bought off Volvo!

This user has no status

Thanks

Smile

I have just gone from 16 inch standard to 17 inch with 225's on, I haven't noticed any rubbing and I also think there is increased grip, no wheel spin since they were put on.
    Dave (V70T5SE)

Thread Information