Join Today

Thread: loss of power

This user has no status
    Thanks

Question loss of power

hi all
    over the weekend have been having a few problems with car miss firing
    thought it might be because i had to put some murco superunleaded last week (car is rica,d)but i did let the tank run very low before filling up with optimax on sunday.This morning on run to work i had to pull on to the hard shoulder twice as the car just lost all power and if i tried to accelerate through it car started smoking. on return journey this evening not as bad but still a loss of power for a few seconds then off again.car was showing 16mpg this morning and 32mpg tonight.fault codes telling me nothing.Any ideas out there,im hoping i pickrd up some crap from the tank as i left it run so low (im rearlly thinking fuel pump or relay but im in denial!!!)
    RICHARD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    have changed fuel filter as was told that local garage has had a problem with water in fuel (thought those days had gone) was ok for a while but back as before checked again under bonnet and codes tell me turbo boost to high-maf signal absent-long term fuel to rich/lean on tickover.Do i stick with the water in fuel idea and see if it will eventually clear itself ????

Thread Information