Join Today
    eVolvolution
    Thanks

Wink The car starts to look like a C70

Well that's me owned the C70 for around 3 weeks now and in that time I've been gutting, waxing, polishing, hoovering, scrubbing, cleaning, removing, fitting, re-fitting, bolting and painting her.

It's been a tough job - but having been owned, driven and never cleaned by a mechanic for almost 2 years, you could only expect to have to put that kind of work and elbow grease into a car.

Here's a few piccys taken over the last 48 hours of the C70:

I've had to purchase new registration plates as the old ones were cracked and discoloured. I've also been touching up the stones chips and small scratches. Replaced a few bulbs, bought new wiper blades for the headlights and windscreen - not to mention the new handbrake cover and gear knob... Or the new wheel brace and hours I've spent lovingly polishing leather cleaner and leather restorer onto the two tone leather interior - I'm knackered!!!

Honestly... there's about 1,001 things I'd like to do to her, but there's just not enough time in the world.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    And from the photos, I'd say that she's LOOKING GOOD!!!
    Alastair
    Current: 2009 Cayenne GTS and a 2016 Prius IV... yes.
    Previous Volvos: 2009 V50 D5 R-Design, 2005 V70R, 2001 V70 T5, 2001 S40 T4, 2x 1999 S40 T4, 2003 V40 T4, 1999 V70 T5, 1996 854 T5 & 855 T5, 1995 855 T5, and a 480...
    Previous other stuff: Saxo Turbo, 2004 996 C4S, 2008 Z4M, 2001 Yaris T-Sport, 2002 S2000 Mugen, and a 1999 Evo VI

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Looking good you can clearly see the effort put into it ... the small things and the attention to detail really pays off when its all done

Just before i came offshore i gave mine a t-cut, clay bar then a wax ... hard graft and time consuming but the worth it when its done ... also treated mine to a new grill and indicators last month.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/t12914-darth-vader-lol.html

This user has no status
    Thanks
    She has a nice smile

This user has no status

Thanks
    absolutely mint what have u used

This user has no status
    Thanks
    A C70 with "TWR" in its number plate ..... nice connection there

eVolvolution
    Thanks
    Cheers, folks... I'm really, really chuffed with her - the missus loves her too.

st1t5 - that looks evil! I like it - very evil looking and yeah; the TWR is a nice coincidence

abdul - Loads of water!!! Ha ha ha - there was a skin of dirt and dust that had built up over the paintwork and there was mold in a few places. I used WD40 to eat into the mould and green moss before wiping it clean and the drying the affected areas. I then hosed her down, washed her with nothing buy good old H2O. The clean her with car shampoo, dried her, T-Cut the whole exterior, re-painted the stone chips and scratches, left her for a day to dry, then washed her with water once more, dried her again and then applied two coats of Auto Glym colour restorer before using Auto Gylm polish.

Very pleased with her

This user has no status
    Thanks
    sound like you've had your work cut ou, excellent results aswell
    Vorspung Durch Technik

Thread Information