Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Kids and covertibles

Hi, can anyone answer a few questions please about the C70 convertible ?
    Firstly how are they on rear seat space, i'm thinking mainly for children.
    Secondly do they have a middle seat and or a centre belt. I'm thinking of the first generation as opposed to the latest one with the metal roof. Do they have any boot space or are they just not practical if you have kids, maybe it's just easier to trade in the kids ! Just a thought.
    I can't think of any convertible that has three rear seats and of course prefer to stick with a Brand i know and trust .
    Thanks for your help.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Answers :

We have a 6 year old who's fitted nicely into my car with no problems at all, plenty of space available for her. The notoriously fiddly front seat mechanism can be a bit annoying, but once you get the knack of it it's fine.

Secondly, no, there's no center belt, and the bit in the middle is slightly raised which i'm sure could probably become quite uncomfortable on a long journey.

Thirdly i was quite shocked to be honest, just how much we could fit into the boot, it's not especially deep but it does go back quite a long way, we managed to fit a couple of large holdalls, and loads of plastic bags in there just the other week.

Hope that helps.

Azza
    2001 c70 T5 Convertible Manual

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info Azza. Can you tell me is it possible for adults to get in the back or is that just expecting too much ?
    Cheers, Rich.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Roomiest convertible that I have found is the Saab - but I think it has less boot space than the Volvo? Saab easily accommodates 2 large adults in rear, over long journeys.

If anyone can answer below, it sonds like both "richeeroo" and I would appreciate it. Interested in seat belt configuration if 3 seats in rear.

"I can't think of any convertible that has three rear seats"

GL420CDi - "monster truck with 7 seats" . S60 SE EUIV DIESEL - Commuting .
    Honda CBR1000 aka Fireblade - "mid life crisis"

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Adults fit fine, i've had 3 adults in the back before and they didn't seem too uncomfortable, so in no way are you expecting too much. There's more legroom than you would think and the seats are comfy with the rear headrests.

Azza
    2001 c70 T5 Convertible Manual

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5R+
    Roomiest convertible that I have found is the Saab - but I think it has less boot space than the Volvo? Saab easily accommodates 2 large adults in rear, over long journeys.
    "I can't think of any convertible that has three rear seats"
    Which saab you on about? Comparing the 9-3 to anything on the market it almost has the worst rear seat space, only the 3series was tighter!

Also the 3series has 3 rear seats/belts but are almost impossible to get one person in so they are useless.

In a word the Volvo is about the roomiest cab available and you wont have any problems with adults.
    04 S40 1.9D 115Bhp Sport
    00 BMW 325i Cabrio
    07 Monaro VXR 500
    03 Porsche Boxster 2.7

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    C70 is a four seater - that is why the middle bit is raised and has no seatbelt.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If you go for it, there's a tip I can give about locking the rear windows.

Mine's a 2001 model, and there's window switches for the rear passengers which operate the rear windows. The driver's control panel has a switch for each window, and a little light that, for me, was always on. Coincidentally, the rear passenger window switches never worked.

After much trial and error (and no, it's not mentioned in the manual) I figured out that quickly flicking up both rear window switches on the driver's control panel at the same time toggles the little light on and off. When the light's off, the rear seat switches work.

I just thought I'd share that with you all. The reason I mention it here is I'm assuming it's either a kiddy-safety feature, or a feature to stop the kids being intensly annoying by mucking with the windows all the time.
    2001 C70 Convertible T5 GT

Thread Information