Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Anyone had a new shape V70R re-mapped

Had a 03 plate manual V70R for a month now, love the car but could do with a bit more power !

Simon.

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by simonc
    Had a 03 plate manual V70R for a month now, love the car but could do with a bit more power !

Simon.

Time for a visit to VT (www.volvotuninguk.com) - ask our webmaster for a discount code to get 10% of all ECU remaps.

40bhp increase with a simple remap. I seem to recall with enough £££ and time they can push a V70R (new) to 400bhp.

This user has no status

Thanks

Simon.
    My Dad had his 53 plate S60R manual remapped from new by the dealer (I think they've stopped doing this now due to intervention of Volvo UK?)

I think the dealers used RICA but maybe Adam could confirm?

All I would say is......GO FOR IT...the sales manager still says that it's the best and fastest new volvo he's ever delivered. It really is a beast now

Make sure tho, that you have all of the updates from the dealer in place before the upgrade as my dad's having a problem now where they say that it needs an update which will overwrite the remap.......

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi Simon

There are a whole host of re-map options for you. I would suggest you speak with your Dealer 1st as if they manage to detect the presence of an ECU remap they may just use this as an excuse not to cover repairs under warranty. Seems that the interpretation varies from dealer to dealer though so, may be worth asking 2 or 3!!

One other options may be something like the BSR which is available I believe via VT and also via RT Mechanics. This enables you to return the car to stock map if it needs to go to a dealers.

Having said that all re-maps should be invisible to VADIS/VIDA but, all it needs is a PITA dealer to realise how quick the car is to start asking awkward questions.

I would recommend you speak with the Tuners, VolvoTuning, RT Mechanics etc for their advice.

Hope this helps

Ian

This user has no status

Thanks
    What is BSR ?, i like the idea of a map that can be put back to standard when needed.

simon.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi, BSR use a sytem call PPC which plugs into the OBD2 port and you can upload the map to the ECU, it store your old one in memory so you can convert back, the whole process takes about 10mins

Here's a link to there site.

http://www.bsruk.co.uk/section.asp?m...%2000-06&sub=R

If your in kent give stu at SW Autos a ring as he is a BSR reseller.

Ray

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The BSR PPC comes preloaded with original and modified software so you don't need to read the car in order to store a copy of the original.

The only problem with the BSR on the S60R and V70R is that there is no software available for Stage 3 with a downpipe, so if you want to tune your S60R/V70R any further, the BSR won't be suitable. If you just want stage 1, it's fine.

Adam.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Am i right in thinking that sounds similar to the Bluefin as used on the focus RS ?

Simon.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Am i right in thinking that sounds similar to the Bluefin as used on the focus RS ?

Simon.
    Yes.

Adam,

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i think im gonna go for a rica on mine,can i get away with 50 bhp upgrade being mines done 120k.drives like its done 20k though
    ill be giving you chaps a buzz soon me thinks.
    MONDEO SPORTS FABRICATIONS

Volvo S40 T4 CD Phase 1.
    eibachs,td04-16g(mapped),apexi custom induction,twin custom powerflow,100 cell race cat,twin cold feed,cold fan,17" polished rims
    blitz custom boost gauge,twin piston bov,modified mk3 golf gti alloy upper strut,loadsa uprated silicone hoses,
    millers cfs triple ester 10w/60.BLA BLA BLA..
    gagging for rear end polybushing as its £££££e.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Simon, give swautos.co.uk a buzz, might be able to get a BSR trial or something ?

Wooty, get down to a meet at the end of the month in Slaaa (last Sunday, Slough, Berks) - like to see your motor and you can have a ride in a few cars.

Chris
    Merc 190E 2.0 Auto

This user has no status

Thanks
    Chris i only live about 30 mins from Stuart & have been to a couple of meets before. Will ask him at the next meet he has.

Simon.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SaffronC70
    Simon, give swautos.co.uk a buzz, might be able to get a BSR trial or something ?

Wooty, get down to a meet at the end of the month in Slaaa (last Sunday, Slough, Berks) - like to see your motor and you can have a ride in a few cars.

Chris
    whats the details for this one then m8.me missus works sundays but i can palm the kids off on the grand folks.
    MONDEO SPORTS FABRICATIONS

Volvo S40 T4 CD Phase 1.
    eibachs,td04-16g(mapped),apexi custom induction,twin custom powerflow,100 cell race cat,twin cold feed,cold fan,17" polished rims
    blitz custom boost gauge,twin piston bov,modified mk3 golf gti alloy upper strut,loadsa uprated silicone hoses,
    millers cfs triple ester 10w/60.BLA BLA BLA..
    gagging for rear end polybushing as its £££££e.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Should be the last Sunday of this month - will let you know when things have been posted on the VOC.

Chris
    Merc 190E 2.0 Auto

Thread Information